1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Top 12 Order Set (Sort Of)

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by SDogo, Jan 1, 2012.

1. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    yep, Haden has turned out to be a very good player and it was Ryan who was the DC in Cleveland when they drafted him.
    Jenkins was the better CB on Florida that year.
    Jenkins is a top 10 CB if not top 5 if it wasn't for his off the field concerns.
  2. cds99

cds99 Member

123 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Thats the thing you never know, if he will end up another pac man jones. A wasted good top 1st round pick

3. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    yep I know, but this year he has really matured and he says getting kicked out of Florida really woke him up and it has shown this year.
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,125 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    We need worst of all another Pass rusher; either OLB or DE
    Then CB
    Then O line
  5. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    We really could go any of those direction in round 1.
  6. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,543 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    I want DeCastro in a big way. Jenkins is very talented but is concern about his off-field issues. Now if we could get him in the 2nd along with Decastro in the first, I would be a happy man. I don't think he would last to the 14th pick of the 2nd rd though.
  7. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    I would say take the BPA at:

CB
    OLB
    DB

I will make a special exception if DeCastro is still on the board as some say he is really the #2 player available. If that is the case and he is still available then draft him. Otherwise I say go defense. If we have several players grouped close together and none are all that much better than another one, I would drop back to try and get an extra 3rd so we can get an extra OG. It is supposed to be a great OG draft according to Wes Bunting and I wouldn't mind trying to pick 2 of them - one in second and one in the third round. We can then use the other two picks on defense - hopefully one OLB/DE and one CB.

I still really hope we can find a good vet pass rusher who will play opposite Ware in the nickel in FA. Finding one such player will make a tremendous difference in our defense. If we can find said playe, add a CB to displace TNew and Bruce Carter can play ILB we may have a pretty good defense next year.

If we can add the two OGs we may have a pretty good offense next year.

We really need another great draft. We have been put in such a bind by the horror stories that were the drafts of 2007, 2008 and 2009.
  8. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,348 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    can somebody tell me what is so special about ingram? i've watched him and he looks like a second rounder to me, kinda like sergio kindle a few years ago
  9. cowboysfan31

cowboysfan31 Active Member

1,292 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I think alot of it comes from one big game he had during the season. I believe it was against Georgia in one of the first games of the year. He had a 68-yard fake punt that he ran in for a TD, recovered a fumble for a TD, and recovered on onside kick at the end of the game.
  10. dboy214

dboy214 Benched

3,122 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    man these ******* cardinals are right in front of us again. and they seem to always have the same needs as us. :bang2:
  11. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,759 Messages
    2,800 Likes Received
    I guess that is the good and bad thing of this off season.

We need help in so many areas is the bad thing, but there are a number of players we could take in the draft that should be able to come in an contribute quickly...we just have to get the right guys.
  12. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,837 Messages
    1,618 Likes Received
    Love this guy.
  13. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

7,809 Messages
    296 Likes Received
    Probably unattainable except in a trade up which would cost us a 2nd rounder at least. The other option is Kirkpatrick who would work at #14.

I wouldn't rule out the Cards taking a LB.
  14. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,532 Messages
    1,849 Likes Received
    How about Dont'a Hightower?

Dude on the field with Bruce Carter, Sean Lee, and DeMarcus wouldn't be fair.
  15. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,532 Messages
    1,849 Likes Received
    I would trade up for Morris Claiborne. People say he's the better CB between he and Peterson, actually.

Claiborne is more of a pure, prototypical CB.
  16. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,606 Messages
    631 Likes Received
    Depends on how far up you have to trade to get him. If he's projected to go around 5-8, I think we'd have to give up to much to get him. This is a deep draft for DB's, so we should get a good one, even if we don't take one till the 3rd round. It's also deep for guards, so where as I would love to get DeCastro, there will still be plenty of others to choose from.

I'd like to see us go DE/OLB with the first pick (assuming there's a good one there to take). We absolutely have to improve our pass rush.
  17. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,348 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    yeah i saw that game and a few others and outside of that one i haven't been that impressed.
  18. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I'll admit, the idea perks my interest. I'm not counting it out.