1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Top al-Qaeda leader reported dead

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Doomsday101, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,057 Messages
    3,530 Likes Received
    A senior al-Qaeda leader in Afghanistan, Abu Laith al-Libi, has been killed, senior Western counter-terrorism officials say.
    News of Libi's death first emerged on a website used by Islamists groups.

The website, ekhlaas.org, said Libi had "fallen as a martyr", the Reuters news agency reports.

US intelligence agencies have been investigating reports that a top al-Qaeda figure was killed in the Afghan-Pakistan border area this week.

It follows a missile attack in Pakistan's North Waziristan area in which 12 militants were reported killed
  2. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,690 Messages
    1,396 Likes Received
    good news!
    wish it was THE top al qaeda ahole though.
  3. Doomsday101

78,057 Messages
    3,530 Likes Received
    As law enforcment always says we have time on our side. For Bin Laden it will only take 1 bad mistake and he will be toast.
  4. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,690 Messages
    1,396 Likes Received
    I do think we will get him I just hope we can capture him alive and bring him over the US for the parades. He really does deserve special compensation for his actions and rhetoric.

I'd love to see him in jail with the KKK, Mexican Mafia and Crips all bidding on his date night services.
  5. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    [IMG]

PATHETIC!
  6. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,038 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    Zawahiri is probably more pragmatically important to nab, but I agree otherwise.

Interesting thing here is that this guy was reputed to be involved in the Al Qaeda expansion in N. Africa.

The other interesting thing will be the reaction in Pakistan, as we either shot 'em with or without Pakistani government permission, each of which could cause some tumult in various areas.
  7. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,910 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    I agree capture him alive and bring him over here... to NYC...

Publicly announce his release day and time at Ground Zero then let the citizens of New York do the rest...
  8. PosterChild

PosterChild New Member

2,027 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, it is the religion of pieces, so we're told.
  9. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,690 Messages
    1,396 Likes Received
    that works too.

I am a believer in the death penalty(even though we do wrongfully convict folks) precisely because I believe in a pound of flesh. Osama owes us at least what he weighs.

I would fly to NY to take part.

The hottest apparel on the market would be the t-shirts reading "I was there when Osama got his arse beat".
  10. trickblue

28,910 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    I'd buy that one too!
  11. Doomsday101

78,057 Messages
    3,530 Likes Received
    I do think he will be found I doubt he will be brought back alive
  12. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,690 Messages
    1,396 Likes Received
    yea, I know best we can really hope for is a corpse we can recognize and put on a plane.

but I can dream:)

no one has ever accused me of being MLK with hopeful, loving dreams.
  13. Doomsday101

78,057 Messages
    3,530 Likes Received
    I doubt the body would be brought back to the US. Frankly I don't care where the body goes as long as he is put down that is all that matters.
  14. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    Saddam made a lot of noise that he would never be taken alive. When the time comes Ben Laden will be just like all the rest of the meglamaniacs and probably break down and cry. Hitler was about the only one that really did off himself rather then get taken alive. THOUGH I wonder if it had been american soldiers surrounding Berline if he would have done it then.....
  15. Doomsday101

78,057 Messages
    3,530 Likes Received
    I doubt it and I say this because unlike most of the megalomaniacs Bin Laden is driven by an extreme religious believes. Saddam was not and most dictators were not. Bin Laden is surrounded by his militia and when he goes down I do believe it will be in a fight to the death.
  16. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,163 Messages
    864 Likes Received
    Osama has to get lucky every time (to avoid death).... we only have to get lucky once. Its ultimately why a state can never truly prevent terrorism from occurring.

If we do catch Osama - and take him alive (by some miracle.....actually, luck would be a better word), he'll face charges in NY and ultimately be put to the death.

He'll be made a martyr by Al-Qaeda.

He doesn't deserve that.

Let him rot in prison and die an unceremonious death. That would be a huge slap in the face to Al-Qaeda and their supporters..... Osama in prison like a common criminal as opposed to dying a "heroic, martyr-like" death.
  17. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    I have to admit the continual pictures of Ben LAden breaking rock in a prison get up would be great to see.
    I do not think Ben Laden is a religious fanatic at all; thats just his excuse. When it comes down to it he will drop down andpiss himself just like all the rest.
  18. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    While I understand what you're saying about being a martyr...I would think there would be no way in Hell that he wouldn't be put to death.

If ever there was a crime that called out for the Death penalty obviously 9/11 was it.
  19. trickblue

28,910 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    We should put him on a prison farm and sentence him to slopping the hogs...

He would get sausage and bacon for breakfast, ham sammich for lunch and pork tenderloin for dinner...

His prison garb would consist of a set Arkansas Razorback sweats...
  20. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

61,094 Messages
    4,434 Likes Received
    Kill him and feed him to the hogs like the deadwood show. :D