1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Top defensive prospects..

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyfan4life_mark, Jan 28, 2006.

1. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,183 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    This is the player most needed.......colloapse the inside of the line and run the QB out to Ware.......then it's over.
  2. Hostile

Hostile It Has Been Fun Zone Supporter

119,127 Messages
    3,213 Likes Received
    I agree with you on hoping Ngata drops. If he doesn't I am looking at Bobby Carpenter or Thomas Howard to fill a need at SOLB.

I agree on Hawk being better than Greenway too. I think Demeco Ryans will go sooner than a lot of people think. If he fell he's definitely another to consider at SOLB.

I am hoping we focus on SOLB but Ngata on our DL would be too good to pass up. We could then get an SOLB or FS in the 2nd and have a young D that is set for several years.

I already want Ahmad Brooks next year. :grin:
  3. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,502 Likes Received
    I am worried about the youth at LB. Those guys need to diagnose plays and losing Dat and Singleton could be a big blow there. I'd rather sign a vet OLB.

Carpenter is looking like a round 2 steal at this point but BP likes his OLBs big.
    Not sure if he'd go that route or not. There are a ton of playmaking OLBs to choose from.

Brooks reminds me alot of James Farrior who BP drafted. I think he is his kind of guy with the size and raw strength. Farrior is playing pretty well right now obviously in the 3-4.
  4. lkelly

lkelly Well-Known Member

1,999 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    I'd like to know why a 4.6 40 for Hali is considered slow. The guy weighs a solid 265. If that same 40 time is expected for Ryans, who is 40 pounds lighter, then it makes no sense.

I think Hali will probably be best served playing a KGB/Packers type role, but if he ends up in Dallas I'd be thrilled. He is tenacious.

I'd still like to see the offense addressed, however.
  5. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,888 Messages
    249 Likes Received

Farrior is a VA boy too. :)
  6. david_jackson

david_jackson New Member

198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Shhh...Stop talking about Ngata..Maybe everyone will forget about him and he will slip:)
  7. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Brooks has got to be one of the more overhyped players in college football right now...the guy hardly made any plays all yr and the games I saw him play he actually looked kinda fat

Farrior was a playmaker at UVA, Brooks has not been a game in and game out playmaker

David
  8. Murph80

Murph80 Member

974 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This will all be much clearer once FA starts and we start to sign some of them. Then our needs will be more evident. I think LB will be our 1st pick. We need more than one of them one will come through free agency and the other through the draft.
  9. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,708 Messages
    3,197 Likes Received

I would ALMOST guarantee that we won't take a o-lineman at 18.
  10. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,502 Likes Received
    Unless Ferguson for some ungodly reason drops I'd bet you're right.

Ferguson is so amazingly athletic. Reminds me a young Larry Allen.

I'd be quite ok trading down a few spots though and snagging Jonathon Scott.

It'll be hard for BP tho to pass up the LBs and safeties. He can sense being close to creating a dominating defense IMHO.
  11. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,708 Messages
    3,197 Likes Received
    Hey I like Ferguson... I like you, don't think he'll be there at 18.

A trade down wouldn't shock me either.