1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Torture, as American as Apple Pie?

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Eric_Boyer, May 7, 2004.

1. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,340 Messages
    166 Likes Received
    Two seperate articles. Very long!

2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,687 Messages
    2,706 Likes Received
    The first article was very interesting.

The second story was a pathetic spin job to promote ones agenda.
    WOW talk about seeing something and then trying to pass it off for ones silly agenda and to say look we made them mad.

Crazy.
  3. Eric_Boyer

4,340 Messages
    166 Likes Received
    There is no spin in that second article. The site it is coming from(free republic) is as conservative as they come and doesn't deal in spin. It is a completely factual article about a completely factual press conference.
  4. BrAinPaiNt

59,687 Messages
    2,706 Likes Received

I do not care where it comes from.....it is my opinion that most of it is spin.

I am not talking about what the commerical showed, what people said...but the conclusion that was taken from the commericials.

We can agree to disagree.
  5. Eric_Boyer

4,340 Messages
    166 Likes Received
    Do we really need to agree to disagree after one or two posts?

I'm not even sure what you are calling spin. Are you saying that claiming the commercials condoned rape is spin?
  6. BrAinPaiNt

59,687 Messages
    2,706 Likes Received
    I think that part of it is indeed spin.

Do you honestly think that place would condone and support rape?

There used to be some commercials that had something along the line of kids finding their parents guns and playing and then you would hear a big bang....do you think these commericials condoned or supported playing with guns or killing yourself? It was aimed at sending a message of other sorts.

These people that did this report saw those commercials and took it that this people were condoning and supporting rape...that is about the dumbest thing I have heard.

Just because the commerical had shock value to make someone think before committing a crime and used the worse possible scenario (prison rape) to scare them...does not mean they are Condoning or Supporting rape in the prison.
    I think the whole idea of the commericials is a little overboard...but in NO WAY consider this place condoing or supporting rape as a method of punishment at the institution.

However....I am sure I will be told how I am wrong since I am not so deep in your eyes.

Once again...We can agree to disagree....fair enough?
  7. Eric_Boyer

4,340 Messages
    166 Likes Received
    If you want a civil conversation then don't bring up past disputes. Especially from threads you closed down. Fair enough?
  8. BrAinPaiNt

59,687 Messages
    2,706 Likes Received
    I was not being mean about it, if you took it that way then I am sorry....However you did say that...and you have had that type of stance in many of the debates.

And the main reason that thread was closed down was that more then one person was getting to a personal level that was reaching into the physical violence area. NOT just you.
  9. jem88

jem88 Active Member

2,698 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You know Brainpaint, I'm pretty sure you and I are from opposite ends of the political spectrum, but I've got to say that you seem pretty level headed and willing to consider both sides of the argument. Good work.