1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Total Access with Romo talking on committment

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Jul 14, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    hansonscottScott Hanson

by nflnetwork
    Doing NFL Total Access in 45 min. We will hear from Tim Tebow & Tony Romo among others... @nflnetwork @QBKILLA @jamiedukes @JasonLaCanfora
  2. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,564 Messages
    1,708 Likes Received
    Seems Total Access is the only show Tony will give the time of day to. I don't think I've ever seen him do an ESPN TV spot.
  3. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    same ole same ole......
  4. SDCowboy85

15,564 Messages
    1,708 Likes Received
    They didn't even have him on. It was the same video from yesterday.
  5. SDCowboy85

15,564 Messages
    1,708 Likes Received
    They just said Tony would be "back" with them tomorrow. Maybe they will actually have him on this time.
  6. dez_for_prez

dez_for_prez Active Member

1,045 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    He is on tmmr.
  7. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Not necessarily so, the biggest thing, romo realizes now that he has to step up at leader of this team, and demand they put in the work etc... Wasnt as quite vocal as I would want him to be on total access, but I saw a different romo from where he stated that leadership wasnt all that important or needed to a degree,

forgot exactly how romo said that, but wasnt appealing to me at the time, now i feel romo realizes has to be more serious and demand accountability from the players
  8. SDCowboy85

15,564 Messages
    1,708 Likes Received
    He held the biggest camp in the entire league and he wasn't even ON total access today.
  9. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    i agree with that; but my point is this, kinda what total access was talking about who is the real leader for the cowboys

they talked about ware, who they assumed really doesnt want to be leader but has to a degree,

i think thats one big thing missing on this team from the 90s team
    a true in your face leader that demands accountability
    Aikman, E Smith, Haley, Irvin, Gogan, Tuneii

Romo honestly I think realizes that now, and is trying,but I feel to your born a leader, and its already in you. Romo is trying, but go listen to the interview, where he says if players dont show up you can get complacent etc.. And key players like newman, ware, columbo got the unit there to show up, but still seems like something is missing. I am not saying romo didnt do good because he got the players there.

Point I am trying to make, is how does this affect a player like M Bennett, who didnt show up best i remember early for the workouts, but later. Where is the player in his face and demanded he be there. The fire in the players eyes to see that he got there.

Example: Roy Williams Safety who was just released. I dont know if you know it or not,but roy williams safety would work out by himself not with his teammates, being challenged by himself and others. Another thing was posted here, that darren woodson who was a leader on 90s cowboys caught roy williams safety trying to sneak out after practice, and darren got roy, made him sit down and study film. At that time roy williams was already a star on cowboys, and was slacking some, kinda like i feel that mike jenkins was doing last year after he made the probowl year before and thought he didnt have to work as hard now. We saw the results, poor playing from jenkins.

Where are the players, leaders demanding accountability, not taking anythig away from romo for havin the workouts with the players, but I think romo realizes that now, and is stepping forward in his own way. :starspin
  10. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    They will show tony on total access tonight, basically he talks about getting the players in for the workouts, and if you dont you get complacent and not ready to play. They announced that they will have more from tony romo friday night at 6 pm on total access. So, mark your dvr or vcr's.

its on now
  11. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,729 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    Same ole garbage, same ole fools spewing it. It makes my skin crawl every time I here Sapp and Dukes speak.

Pretty soon the time old trick of mentioning the cowboys won't be able to gen up ratings.

Whoever is doing the hiring should kick everyone to the curb except Rich. The show use to be a good thing and now they are getting worse than :espn:
  12. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
  13. gmoney112

gmoney112 Well-Known Member

3,385 Messages
    764 Likes Received
    The first minute and a half was good and then had to turn it off once Dukes and Sapp came on. Thanks joe
  14. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,997 Messages
    7,745 Likes Received
    Sapp's comment on leadership was sort of amusing. Paraphrasing: "No, Tony, a team doesn't need a leader in every position group. Our team in Tampa had three leaders: me, Brooks, and Lynch...." That's one leader at each level of the defense on a purely defensive team. Not all that much different, is it?

Anyway, you can hear in Tony's word-choice if you're paying attention this off season that he's making a point of saying 'I' and talking about himself as the leader of the team. In practice, I don't think there'll be any difference. But then I also didn't think a cosmetic change was necessary in the first place.
  15. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,134 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    SaPP just basically said Josh Freeman is better then Romo hahahahah
  16. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    yw buddy
  17. SDCowboy85

15,564 Messages
    1,708 Likes Received
    I like how during the Romo interview right now they are subtly just showing INT clips. :rolleyes:
  18. TD-33

TD-33 Benched

2,542 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They've done a great job driving me away. I only watch espn during actual gameplay and skip pregame/halftime because they suck. NFLN has worked very hard to accomplish the same level of coverage and between that and "the bus" commercial I will probably never watch them again other than games. Why should I? They annoy the hell out of me and I can get my news from better sources or watch specific coverage on the internet and skip the idiots completely.
  19. SWG9

SWG9 Well-Known Member

1,040 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    I agree that leadership and accountability have been missing from this team for some time now. I think having Garrett as head coach will go a long way towards re-establishing that, but there's no question that the players need to be involved in the process for it to really work.

The coach can only do so much; the players have to police themselves, to an extent. And as much as we want Romo to take charge, we also have to understand that he's only one (very important) man. Your QB HAS to be a leader, there's no other option. But I would like to see some of these other guys step it up a bit. Romo can't be responsible for taking care of every single little thing that pops up in the locker room, it's just not reasonable.

We need all of the vets on this team to realize that the window is slowly starting to shut and for all of them to start pulling in the same direction. There's no other way.

I disagree with the notion that leader can only be born. It's certainly much easier to lead if you are naturally inclined that way, but it is a skill that can be developed over time. Recall that Troy Aikman WAS NOT a vocal leader in his early years. He only developed that trait once he saw that the team was headed in the wrong direction under Switzer.

I am hopeful that the team will pull it together this season and I do see signs that some of them are starting to get it.

Time will tell.
  20. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,729 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    :hammer: