1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tough pill for me and fellow Garrett supporters to swallow...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by lqmac1, Jan 23, 2013.

1. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

1,150 Messages
    258 Likes Received
    As we see Mr.Jones pretty much strip EVERYTHING away from Jason it's only the inevitable that he is preparing for John Gruden. All the new coaches/ or roles that our coaches are being promoted to only lead me to believe he is making room for Gruden.

I hate to see Jason go out like this because I was one of the few who believed in him. WE WERE going in the right direction towards the end of the year, I believe winning 5 of last 7. Jason should have been giving another full year with what and who he wanted and if he would have failed; move one!

This smells and looks like what Mr. Jones did to Jimmy in the early 90's. Fire the head coaches brother? C'mon man, you just don't do that.

Jason is being prepared as the scape goat.
  2. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,527 Messages
    1,879 Likes Received
    Gruden does not get along with Kiffin or Callahan. I don't know why people can't let that go.
  3. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

1,150 Messages
    258 Likes Received
    They both worked for the guy?!
  4. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,442 Messages
    414 Likes Received
    I really think Holmgren is the guy if Garrett doesn't lead us to the playoffs in 2013.
  5. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

1,150 Messages
    258 Likes Received
    I'd become a 'Skins fan if he came here. The only "OLD" coach i'd want is Gruden IF Garrett is fired, If not, go you and up n coming!!!
  6. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,225 Messages
    506 Likes Received
    Jon Gruden as head coach, Bill Callahan calling offensive plays, and Monte Kiffen calling defensive plays.

Give credit to Jerry, atleast hes putting guys together that make sense.
  7. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,901 Messages
    2,807 Likes Received
    You'd become a Skins fan if we got a clearly superior and more accomplished coach? :facepalm:
  8. dwmyers

dwmyers Well-Known Member

2,047 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    Gruden is wonderful if you have a mature squad with plenty of talent and if you regard your quarterbacks as disposable parts.

He doesn't do a good job of nurturing new talent. He doesn't develop quarterbacks.

Kiffin, at least, seems to develop talent.

D-
  9. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,664 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    But according to many, wouldn't Gruden be just a "walk-around coach" if this happens?
  10. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,527 Messages
    1,879 Likes Received
    They did. That doesn't mean they like each other.

You have as good a chance as jon Gruden.

Look, this will make a lot of people happy. Jason Garrett is on notice. Improve a lot or Jerry will move on. The entire staff gets it.

But he has not been emasculated, stripped of everything, and all the rest of this media garbage. He's being given a staff of former Head Coaches to break through the knucklehead in this team and push us to the next height.

Anyone who thinks he is not going to be involved in the Offensive game plan is a fool. Calling a game is devised from the coach's game plan. That is why Indianapolis still moved the ball without Bruce Arians. It is a pity they lost because if they had won perhaps a lot of people might have learned a lot more about how teams prepare to try and win games.
  11. thechosen1n2

thechosen1n2 Active Member

1,616 Messages
    15 Likes Received

5 of 7 is not going in the right direction when we easily could have been 2 and 5 do to the slow starts. We came back and won games out of desperation. Why not turn Romo loose early. We know Romo will lose you 2 to 3 games a year, but he will win you more than he will lose you. Garrett learned nothing watching Romo orchestrate the 2nd half offense. What should he have learned you may ask. Pick up the pace early and possibly you wouldnt be in the hole going into the final quarter.
  12. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,766 Messages
    4,320 Likes Received
    I don't think Jerry has any thoughts about replacing Garrett anytime soon. Garrett is the best option as a Head Coach to work for Jerry. The only other guy that I think would function well with Jerry would have been Sean Payton.

IMO, Garrett is a good behind the scenes planner but has struggled on game-day. I think he is a better HC than OC or player caller.

Despite the millions of posts here about the subject, I don't believe that Garrett is a puppet to Jerry like Wade Phillips. There is an area of existence for a Head Coach between Jimmy/Parcells and Wade Phillips.
  13. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,661 Messages
    586 Likes Received
    Garrett was a mistake as an offensive coordinator and a colossal failure as a head coach to date. It is likely only a matter of time before he gets canned. The sooner, the better.

Can't manage a game.
    Prone to brain-fart decisions.
    Red zone difficulties continue.
    No ingenuity - nothing, absolutely squat.

There are no more excuses for the "Walking Supercomputer."
  14. LUVDABOYS

LUVDABOYS Member

235 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    How can you be a Cowboys fan and say that you would EVER be a redskins fan? :eek:
  15. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,273 Messages
    226 Likes Received
    stripped of everything? Like what besides calling plays on Sunday?

Ridiculous...JG needs to focus on his strengths as head coach and managing the game better on the sideline; giving someone else the play calling is the best way to do that and not give 1-2 games away each year.
  16. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Active Member

5,015 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    I'm trying to think of a situation where such moves have ever been successful. I really wanted Garrett to be successful but these moves by Jerry have desperation written on them and I will be shocked if Garrett is here after next year.
  17. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

5,503 Messages
    1,701 Likes Received
    This.
  18. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,238 Messages
    543 Likes Received
    I think if anything this has helped Jason. I think Jerry sent a message to anyone who was listening, I will change the staff if need be, and i will make things easier for everyone.

Does this tell Jason he is fired, by no means it does not. As hte term goes "are you safe" no hes not, but i dont remember many Cowboy coaches being "safe".

So lets keep it in perspective that yes Jason will be the coach next year. Was all this done to scare him? Not at the price tag im sure. Are we all okay with Jason being the HC? Who knows, but are we going to see an instant change iwth another coach? Might happen, after Wades first season he had an incredible record that resulted in nothing afterwards.

But right now i am okay with all the changes and if it helps Jason succeed than im all for it because the Cowboys succeed and regardless of WHO i want for coach, we are all fans and we all want success. In terms of what our definitions of success are all different.

I for one am still a proud Cowboys fan and im happy and stand behind all the staff changes that have occured to this date. (yes thats an out depending on the ST change, which technically should only go up).
  19. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,657 Messages
    160 Likes Received
    Hos I've said many times that most posters on this board have never played organized football, never been in film study, never gone through a TC, never practice a game plan and then performed it on game day. No, a lot of posters won't understand what you're saying. Some of the nonsense that's posted will explain everything about that poster.
  20. montgod

montgod Active Member

1,846 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Keeping it short... honestly, if you really look at other teams, a lot of them have OCs so this could go both ways in putting Garret on notice or helping him be able to focus on his biggest weaknesses which is game/time management. I think he still has a valid chance but this year will be telling.