1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Toughest female soccer player... EVER !!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by CowboyWay, Nov 9, 2009.

1. CowboyWay

CowboyWay If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State

4,169 Messages
    31 Likes Received
  2. Rackat

Rackat Active Member

2,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wow. There's a song by Buckcherry call "Crazy B*" that fits her.
  3. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    At absolute minimum, she would be a paraplegic after I finished with her if she did something like that to anyone in my family.

She has been suspended indefinitely. She should have been arrested immediately for assault.
  4. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,415 Messages
    1,458 Likes Received
    Aren't all soccer players female?
  5. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,155 Messages
    1,289 Likes Received
    as I said in the other thread about her, somewhere Conrad Dobler is smiling.
  6. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm getting aroused.
  7. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,315 Messages
    697 Likes Received
    Is she the toughest or just the dirtiest player? There is a difference.
  8. Temo

Temo Active Member

3,712 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    In soccer there's really no difference. Only matters if you get caught.

Sucks for this girl that she was so obvious, but "dirty" play is a big part of soccer. It's a fight for how much contact you can get away with and not get called-- kinda like Basketball that way, except Soccer is on a much bigger field and the refs miss a lot of stuff. I will say... guys pull each other's shirts down on headers all the time, never saw a girl pull hair like that though. :eek:

Worst is when you're going up for a header and take an elbow in the crotch/stomach area. Not only do you lose the ball (probably), but you get your wind knocked out and can't get back on defense, resulting in an advantage for other team.
  9. Temo

Temo Active Member

3,712 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    The hair pull was unnecessarily harsh, but all the other stuff seemed normal to me. She didn't even get a red card for the game.

Besides, these aren't even the most dangerous plays in soccer. The scariest ones are when a defender goes for a slide tackle and pins the other player's leg. I've seen some nasty breaks that way.
  10. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Intentional stuff like that is assault PERIOD. She can and should be charged.
  11. Temo

Temo Active Member

3,712 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    She threw a punch after an elbow, she pulled the girl's hair while the girl was grabbing at her, she went hard for a loose ball. Should have gotten a red card, but these were actions in response to actions from her opponents. She does deserve to be disciplined, but assault is too much.

Though that hair pull... wow, that was nasty.

Maybe if US Men played like US Women do, they may actually do something in world play too. :)

I've gotten plenty of elbows and fists and hard tackles and all that. I've also tried to dish out my best too, though I've never been an "enforcer" as they say in hockey. Guess all I'm saying is if she was a dude, I'd love to have her on my team protecting my back. :eek:

Edit: Then again she looked woefully out of sorts on a lot of those tackles. Maybe not have her on my team, but someone with her attitude.
  12. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,233 Messages
    1,323 Likes Received
    It's a different game fellas. It's not like our sport. All the things that you see in this vid can and probably do happen to her.
  13. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,315 Messages
    697 Likes Received
    I disagree. There is a difference. Tough play even when seen by an official is still tough play, but acceptable and a part of the game. Dirty play is dirty whether it is seen or not and is not acceptable. Most dirty players are just bullies. They will back down if you stand up to them. Tough players don't. That is true in any sport.
  14. hairic

hairic Well-Known Member

2,408 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    Disagree about it not being assault. There is a point where the line of "implied consent" of the sport is passed and actions become criminal. If this isn't there, it's very close.

Take the Haynesworth cleat rake across the face of Gurode. Gurode could have filed charges because Haynesworth's action went past the expected actions of the sport. It not being an expected action on the field means consent was not implied, which made it assault.

Is an intentional 2-handed hair jerk to the ground from behind an expected part of playing soccer?

BTW, I imagine if the other girl had made a move/cut/planted her leg in a certain direction the same time her hair was jerked, her neck snapped, and she subsequently died, that this other girl could be liable for manslaughter.
  15. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Punching someone in the back is normal in women's soccer? News to me.
  16. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,915 Messages
    1,683 Likes Received
    Haha......

I was going to say the same thing.
  17. CliffnMesquite

CliffnMesquite Active Member

4,092 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    Naughty! Naughty girl! Needs a spanking!
  18. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Punching someone is considered assault. It is definitely not a part of Soccer or any other non-fighting sport.
  19. jksmith269

jksmith269 Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995

3,898 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    you realize she was banned from the team after this game right, they will prob let her return next season but she's screwed now one little infraction on the field and her playing days will be over, and prob her free ride in school...
  20. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,350 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    was she the one that tripped the girl or the one that launched the ball into said tripped girls face?