1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Toxicology reports have come back and Ratliff was drunk

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by The Quest for Six, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,801 Messages
    1,605 Likes Received
    If you are ever in Fort Collins stop by the New Belgium brewery. They have some pretty high gravity stuff over there that is absolutely the best tasting beer you could ever imagine.
  2. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,657 Messages
    685 Likes Received
    Oh, I get it. Girl = Bad. :cool:
  3. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member

3,157 Messages
    1,100 Likes Received
    I like beer at isn't flavored like a bar of soap. You can take your IPA and shove it.
  4. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,801 Messages
    1,605 Likes Received
    Yeah, not sure about the idea.

Frown on a light beer all you want but until you've tried something like Mephistopheles you aren't exactly taking a whole lot of risk.

http://averybrewing.com/our-ales/mephistopheles/

Give that one a shot. Spendy and usually sold as individuals but I dare say that nobody would want more than one.

BTW, that Scottish fool in the video is completely full of crap. That beer's name is perfect because it's absolutely evil.
  5. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,968 Messages
    1,223 Likes Received
    before long you are going to say he was never drunk at all.
  6. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

24,850 Messages
    568 Likes Received
    Not discounting lighter beers at all. Plenty of outstanding breweries (like Avery) make good ones. The mass produced ones that have zero taste or complexity are what I've been criticizing
  7. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What do you drink then? I like Fuller's ESB, belhaven Scottish ale, Newcastle, red hook, Kingfisher, fat tire, boddingtons...and like red stripe Also.
  8. trueblue1687

trueblue1687 Well-Known Member

1,671 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    You're right. A .16 BAL is enough to make you plenty silly and stupid acting, but it wouldn't take 16 beers to get there. The alcohol to blood ratio is pretty constant...it's how he manifests that .16 that his body weight will dictate to a degree.
  9. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

24,850 Messages
    568 Likes Received
    If you like those beers -- look for versions of those styles from a more local brewer. That's a good start. Instead of Red Stripe try Session by Full Sail. Instead of red hook try Jolly Pumpkin ESBam. As a general rule, stuff made by smaller companies tends to knock the socks off the major brands