1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Trade Back Scenario with Cinnci.

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Aliencowboy, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Aliencowboy

Aliencowboy Member

455 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Dallas gives Cinnci #18 (900 points)

Dallas gets two Second rounders: #37, #52 (910 points)

Dallas then has # 37, #48, #52 in the second including their own.

#37 pick Sylvester Williams DT / Dallas Thomas OT
    #48 pick Larry Warford OG
    #52 pick Travis Frederick C / OG

Dallas shouldn't trade back if the following are available
    at #18:
    Sheldon Richardson DT
    Jake Matthews OT
  2. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

2,657 Messages
    450 Likes Received
    Not a big fan tbh. I hope we trade down but not that far. Jake Matthews is most likely returning for his Senior season too. Agree on Sheldon Richardson, he's a beast.
  3. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,159 Messages
    265 Likes Received
    Travis Frederick and Larry Warford is much to big and slow to run Callahan system. Both are good players and think both are OGs and Frederick will not be a Center in the NFL.

Also Sylvester Williams isn't a NT or a 3-4 player at all. He is a 4-3 one gap DT.

I like the trade down and like dallas Thomas but as a LG and not as a RT.
    RT Lane Johnson,
    OG Gabe Jackson, and
    Center Mario Benavides

are my three in a trade back
  4. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,104 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    lol what is the logic in doing this?? Sorry, I can't trade back 19 picks when there are plenty of nice prospects that can impact the team in the 1st round, & watch them all be taken while the Cowboys sit on their butt for 19 picks..
  5. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,104 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    If a team like Miami traded back into the 1st round & gave us their 1st next year like when we got the Browns pick, I'd be all over something like that. That's the only way I would trade back that many spots is if I was getting a 1st round for 2014
  6. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,568 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    I don't know why you keep saying that. Would you have believed that 6'4 270 pound Tyronne Crawford was a 3-4 player? What about 6'4 280 pound Justin Smith? I could go on and on naming players like Jay Ratliff, Corey Redding, ect, but I think the point is clear that you don't have to fit the cookie cutter definition for a position.

And as far as play style goes, he can adjust when he gets in the NFL. I wouldn't spend an early pick on him, but in round 2, it makes no sense to say he isn't worth picking because he's not a 3-4 player.
  7. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,397 Messages
    674 Likes Received
    Hate this move. For people who are hung up on systems like Callahans, please stop. Give me a guy who can beat the guy in front of him and you win more often than not. More likely to find that guy round one than two.
  8. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

5,311 Messages
    615 Likes Received
    If Callahan can't work with the big guys, he needs to go.