1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Trade Down Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by tm1119, Jan 30, 2014.

1. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,942 Messages
    548 Likes Received
    Same drill as last year. Trade back into the 1st round and pick up an extra 3rd.

Round 1- Aaron Donald DT Pitt- Fast twitch 3 tech to apply constant pressure on the QB up the middle

Round 2- Shayne Skov LB Stanford- 1 of my favorite players in the draft. Smart and instinctive with the athletic ability to do everything you would need a LB to do. Day 1 starter at WLB with the ability to take over the middle if Lee were to get hurt again,

Round 3- Michael Sam DE Mizzu- Going very underrated because of his height but has freakishly long arms and a stocky compact frame that makes him a perfect fit for 4-3 DE. Great burst and would be a handful for RT's

Round 3- Terrence Brooks FS FSU- Undersized but he's a true CF'er at the FS position. Good feel for the position and is rarely out of position. I think he'd be a great compliment and even make Church better

Round 4- Brandon Thomas OG/OT Clemson- Played LT for a very good Clemson team but might not have the feet to play tackle in the NFL. His feet will however translate very well to guard. Long arms and more than adequate strength. Wouldn't surprise me if he can play RT in the NFL either.

Round 5- Brandon Coleman WR Rutgers- He's listed as a 5th round prospect but I have a seriously hard time believing this kid will last this long. 6'6 220 and really fluid athlete for a man that size. 19 career TD's and 19 yards per catch in only 26 starts at Rutgers. Keep an eye on this kid, he's gong to skyrocket up boards if he runs a good 40 time

Round 7- Trey Millard FB Oklahoma- Can do a bit of everything. Hard to tackle and has good hands. Tore his acl in october but worth waiting on him if he has to start on the PUP

Round 7- Jeff Matthews QB Cornell- Grab him here to stash on the practice squad. Has the size and arm strength to have a shot in the NFL.
    lostar2009 and theSHOW like this.
  2. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,626 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    i like it.......however, we should be getting a few comp picks.....at least 3 from my understanding from other posters in the know. expect them to be 7th rounders, with maybe 1 in the 6th.
  3. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,942 Messages
    548 Likes Received
    Thanks....yeah I'm thinking maybe another extra 7th, maybe 2. About the same thing as having 1st choice at UDFA's. Too hard to predict who to pick there though so I left them out
  4. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,168 Messages
    441 Likes Received
    Great mock. I wonder if Thomas moves up to a 3rd round grade after the combine.
  5. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,942 Messages
    548 Likes Received
    I would say that all depends on wether a team feels he can stick at tackle or not. He could definitely slide into the 3rd if a team wants to grab him as a RT
  6. theSHOW

theSHOW Well-Known Member

2,861 Messages
    893 Likes Received
    nice TE free draft. defensive attention type draft that fills needs. long way til May still but I like it.
  7. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

3,119 Messages
    611 Likes Received
    I wouldn't mind a linebacker at some point, but I just don't think I would spend a second round pick on it. I think it will be Carter-Lee-Wilber/Holloman next year and anyone we bring it will be depth/ST. I don't condone using 2nd round picks on depth or ST players. Not when we have so many weaknesses.
  8. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,942 Messages
    548 Likes Received
    You didn't feel like linebacker was a huge weakness last year? Who knows what we are going to get from Carter, Lee is a walking injury, and Wilber and Wilcox are marginally talented players who are good for depth but not as starters. Adding another LB is just as important as S in my eyes.
  9. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

3,119 Messages
    611 Likes Received
    Well I don't think adding a S is all that important this year either. So there you have it. I think this draft should be an ugly trenches draft, for both lines, to set us up for the future. I think Carter should get another season and I think Wilber is going to earn some respect around here.
  10. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,464 Messages
    1,463 Likes Received
    Dallas has 3 7th round picks not 2.

They got one in the Edgar Jones trade and they are getting 1 from CHI for Rosario
  11. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,768 Messages
    383 Likes Received
    Don't know if I'll do a mock now because frankly it would be eerily similar to yours.
    tm1119 likes this.