1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Trade down scenario -- flame away!

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by JPostSam, Mar 24, 2012.

1. JPostSam

JPostSam Active Member

992 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    I'd be very happy to see Dallas pick OG David Decastro if he's available for us at #14. But if he isn't, then I'm not sure it would be wise to stay put there.

I'm not sold on any of the other options expected to be there in the middle of the round, and I think I would prefer a trade back.

It just so happens that New England's two picks at the bottom of round 1, picks 27 and 31, are almost exactly equal in supposed value to our picks in round 1 and round 3, picks 14 and 83.

So, the hypothetical question is, with DeCastro off the board, would you rather your first three picks in the draft be at 14, 45, and 83 -- or at 27, 31, and 45?

In my role as interwebz mock draft jedi, I would take the second option and add the following gentlemen to our roster:

27 OC Konz
    31 TE Fleener
    45 DE Crick

What would you do?
  2. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,061 Messages
    1,917 Likes Received
    At this point I would be OK with that scenario.
  3. BigMac6

BigMac6 Member

83 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    If at that position Dallas could pick up those players...well, that's a deal done!
  4. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

5,378 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    you get lemons if you trade down so much .
  5. Bulldog

Bulldog Member

159 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The problem with your plan is that New England NEVER trades up.
  6. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,348 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    pretty sure they traded up for gronk
  7. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,143 Messages
    2,986 Likes Received
    I would prefer a senerio where they trade down into the twenties and pick up a 2nd while keeping the 3rd rounder.

Konz and Fleener would be ok in your senerio, but I don't like Crick in the 2nd.
  8. garyv

garyv Active Member

1,399 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    a trade down for Mark Barron than trade two 2nd Rounders to move back into the lower 1st Round for Konz and we would be solid @ Safety and Center for years to come. In the 3rd Round on I would go BAP and look
    for Players that slide.