1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Trade For Deangelo? Hire Norv?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by sjordan6, Oct 31, 2012.

1. sjordan6

sjordan6 Member

708 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Right now the Cowboys have obvious issues that starts ob the offense. Garrett does not trust Felix and Deangelo Williams brings more to the table. I think a trade of Jones and a mid round (5th or 6th) would be a good

Norv has a tough road ahead and even if he wins this week, he coyld very well lose the next eight! They r calling for his head and he will be fired before the end of the season. Calling plays is too much for Garrett and coach and i hope Jerry jrings back one og the top offesive minds in the Nfl
  2. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I wouldn't mind Norv, but no running back is going to do well behind this line. His contract is too much to boot.
  3. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,348 Messages
    761 Likes Received
    How about we trade for Norv right now?

4th rounder
  4. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Less than a week ago Troy Aikman was on The Ticket and said he still beloves Norv Turner is the best play caller in the NFL.
  5. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He is still a great Coordinator just not a good head coach kind of like Wade
  6. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

2,005 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    The price is too much, I agree. If we can get something done about that he could be a good fit.
  7. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,247 Messages
    4,191 Likes Received
    Why would you hire Norv? He runs the same offense we do. Norv's is more like Coryell's because he has Gates who is more like Kellen than Witten. His WRs are a bit bigger but both still run big WRs. RBs about the same. QBs about the same in general. Norv has more experience but what is his W-L record? There's just not much difference.

If you change coaches you basically should be thinking about changing your offense.
  8. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    To be Garretts coordinator because he has a good feel on calling plays. I am sure that was whet he was referring too so Jason can focus on being the HC and not both.
  9. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Actually, Aikman was asked if he thought Norv Turner was the best play caller in the NFL, and he paused before answering. Then he said yes he does believe he is.

I thought his pause before answering was telling, as if he had to make sure he was answering about play calling specifically and not head coaching.

This was also a few days before Aikman was to call the Cowboys-Giants game on Sunday, knowing full well that Jason Garrett is the play caller here. When he answered yes for Norv, Aikman made no attempts to bring Garrett in the conversation. I was certain he would and found it striking that he didn't.
  10. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,303 Messages
    1,454 Likes Received
    When I saw the thread title, I thought the OP meant trade for DeAngelo Hall. Um......no.:laugh2:
  11. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,247 Messages
    4,191 Likes Received
    Oh. Ok I misunderstood. I think Robinson or Callahan could do that but I'd love to have Norv here.
  12. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    What the heck. Let's hi-jack the thread and debate getting Hall in here. I think he would be a big upgrade over the 50million dollar man. He would add some class to the organization as well.
  13. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,858 Messages
    1,003 Likes Received
    I don't think Garrett will give up his playcalling to anyone but if there is someone I think he could work with it is Norv Turner.
  14. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,954 Messages
    1,848 Likes Received
    OL

. . .
  15. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,454 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    Rob Ryan for HC, Norv for OC
  16. Yeagermeister