1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Trade in the works?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Bigdog, Apr 22, 2012.

1. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,564 Messages
    2,940 Likes Received
    Cox or Konz/Zeitler?
  2. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

3,469 Messages
    804 Likes Received
    Please just stay put and pick BPA. Nothing about recent history suggests the Cowboys can put those picks to good use.
  3. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,772 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    im sorry but i cant believe Cleveland would offer all that without a player exchange ie. Felix or something. or a swap of one of our picks,
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,643 Messages
    1,477 Likes Received
    Couldnt do it fast enough.
  5. Wulfman

Wulfman Unofficial GM

1,300 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    IF this is true...and it's a big IF...it would only be on the table IF the player that Cleveland wanted was still available at #14. So no way to do it ahead of time other than verbally.

That said, I've been hearing the love for Floyd coming out of Cleveland for a couple of weeks now, and that they have him rated higher than Blackmon. As such, I've projected them as potential trade down partners IF he's still available.

I hadn't heard anything about a trade with Dallas in particular, though, so could be that Cleveland is just sniffing out possible trade partners for when the clock is actually ticking. That's a whole lot to offer, though. From a trade value chart perspective, the #22 and #37 alone would be significantly more than the point difference. Throwing in two more picks as well just seems unlikely.

I think the 'Boys would be hard-pressed not to take that deal, IF it were available.
  6. Wulfman

Wulfman Unofficial GM

1,300 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    No way they're going to take interior O-linemen in both the first and second rounds. Just not happenin'.

One or the other, sure. But not both.
  7. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,489 Messages
    193 Likes Received

Would you take Mercilus and Zeitler over Cox?

I would. I know some may not, but I'd have no problem with it.
  8. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,128 Messages
    1,823 Likes Received
    Ain't that the sad truth!
  9. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,462 Messages
    2,363 Likes Received
    :laugh2: Exactly

ZERO chance that Holmgren is that big of a fool.
  10. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

2,119 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    For the sake of getting myself too pumped up for this, I want to see what kind of draft we could potentially have if this trade went through. Using SDogo's Board and selecting players only at, or below their rankings, I came up with a Mock Draft that looks like this:

#22 - Whitney Mercilus
    #37 - Peter Konz
    #45 - Harrison Smith
    #81 - Josh Chapman
    #113 - Josh Norman
    #118 - LaDarius Green

I like it.
  11. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,336 Messages
    573 Likes Received
    That's tough... You patch the up the O-line nicely with the latter, but players like Cox are so rare that I'd stick with him.

I think we can get a starting caliber G and/or C in the middle rounds.. I don't see another Cox.

Plus, passing on Cox would almost certainly mean he'd be an Eagle at 15 :banghead:
  12. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No chance the Browns give up that much to move up just 8 spots in the middle of the first round.
  13. Wulfman

Wulfman Unofficial GM

1,300 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    No...but make it McClellan and Zeitler and I may be on board...although I'm not as in love with Zeitler as some folks. I'd be more inclined to take the best DE still available at #37 and then take best G/C available at #45 unless a high caliber CB or Harrison Smith were available.
  14. casmith07

27,564 Messages
    2,940 Likes Received
    A man can dream...:(
  15. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,023 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    Lets make that trade. Yesterday.

22: Coby Fleener
    37: Chandler Jones
    45: Amini Silatolu
    81: Brandon Boykin
    113:Ryan Broyles
    118:Josh Norman
    135:phillip Blake
    152:Jake Bequette
    186:Hebron Fangupo
    211:Terrance Ganaway
    222:Jerry Franklin
  16. casmith07

27,564 Messages
    2,940 Likes Received
    I really would like to have a pass rush that completely bails out the rest of the defense like the Giants, though.

And it would be even better since our DBs are actually looking to be pretty good, unlike in NY.
  17. Wulfman

Wulfman Unofficial GM

1,300 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Lol....I know. I'm just trying to talk you off the ledge beforehand. :laugh1:
  18. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,489 Messages
    193 Likes Received

How about Mercilus at 22, Zeitler 37 Orson Charles 45. The rest of your mock I'm perfect with.
  19. Wulfman

Wulfman Unofficial GM

1,300 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Man, if the Cowboys were to trade down to #22 and then take Coby Fleener, we'd be able to hear Bill Jones' head swell all over the country. That's what he mentioned as his dream mock on Talkin' Cowboys this week.
  20. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    I'm gonna call bogus on that trade rumor........that or sheer idiocy in Cleveland.

Looking at the chart of charts.

They'd essentially be giving up an excess amount equal to Dallas 2nd round pick in order to move up 8 spots.