1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Trade Romo scenario?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by vaturkey, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,318 Messages
    3,042 Likes Received
    I want to see upgrades to make certain areas stronger, I do not want to weaken another area in doing that.
  2. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    A rational viewpoint.

I'm certainly not saying I wouldmake the deal either, probably wouldn't. But it's a reasonable enough thought that I would do the homework and weigh all aspects of it before making a decision.
  3. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,059 Messages
    1,365 Likes Received
    Me too. I mean why can't people be happy with what we do have and want to build around that. We are fortunate enough to have a franchise QB and two franchise WRs. Many here want to get rid of them for pics instead of building around them.
  4. Doomsday101

77,318 Messages
    3,042 Likes Received
    As I said for it to even be brought to the table I would want to start with 2 #1's and chances are a current player. QB is one of the hardest positions to find so unless the deal was big time in my favor I just would not do it. As many changes as NE has made Brady has not been a part of those deals because it is not easy to replace.
  5. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,945 Messages
    1,015 Likes Received
    The idea is completely outside the realm of possibilities. No team would even make an offer because they know it wouldn't be entertained.

We might as well discuss the possibility of Jerry selling the team.
  6. DanteEXT

DanteEXT Well-Known Member

1,814 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    I think Romo has 6 good years left at least (barring major injury). If I'm correct, drafting his replacement to be groomed behind him anytime in the next two drafts is pointless. He'll more than likely leave for a starter's chance after 3-4 seasons. Then what? Back to the draft.

I prefer keep a veteran backup for a few more years or so, maybe churn the 3rd with some prospects.
  7. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,590 Messages
    650 Likes Received
    The Vikings would love to have Romo, IMO-but they're going to have to give up more than that.
  8. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,953 Messages
    4,302 Likes Received
    Enough of this...off to the fantasy zone.
  9. Doomsday101

77,318 Messages
    3,042 Likes Received
    boss, boss the plane the plane. :laugh2:
  10. Coakleys Dad

Coakleys Dad The Re-Birth has begun.

4,835 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Im kind of in shock with all this BS as well....
  11. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

24,062 Messages
    776 Likes Received

No.

Next Question.
  12. vaturkey

vaturkey Active Member

403 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    I think for any zoner to believe that Jerry (I'm mad as hell Jones) is going to stand pat after this season and not shake things up considerably, is living in a fantasy world. No scenario (including mine) will please everyone for sure. However, if you have a team desperate for a qb (which Minnesota is) who knows what they might be willing to give up to acquire Romo. I seem to recall the Saints gave up their entire draft one year for Ricky Williams, and he wasn't even a QB.

PS. Do you think that Kitna couldn't carry the load for one year and groom a stud qb coming in with all the tools. From what I've seen this year, he's pretty darn good.

PS Part 2, why and the heck move this to the Fantasy Zone. Seems like a good discussion and this sure isn't fantasy football. Sounds like the moderator didn't like folks having a civil discussion with varying points of view.