1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Trade up into the top 10 for an elite corner

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by TheRat, Jan 31, 2012.

1. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,349 Messages
    1,988 Likes Received
    in the top half of round 1, the only positions you even trade up for are:

franchise QB
    elite LT
    elite DE/OLB

given our current situation, no way would i trade up

stay where we are and pick the best available or
    trade down no more than 10 spots (if we are offered a 2)
  2. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,845 Messages
    611 Likes Received
    I bet this guy complains about Jerry Jones deals.

:laugh2:
  3. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,883 Messages
    1,201 Likes Received
    This right here. ^^^ Claiborne is elite and worth trading up for. Dre.. not so much.
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,878 Messages
    2,112 Likes Received
    I agree. If I have to move up to get a CB then Claiborne would be the only guy I would do that with. I like Kirkpatrick and if he slides to the Cowboys great but I'm not giving up 2 picks for him
  5. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    If Claiborne drops down to 8 or 9, it is because someone found something out about him that significantly lessens his value. You then have to wonder if you want to use picks to move up that far for him.
  6. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,811 Messages
    7,179 Likes Received
    Seconded.
  7. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    I really dont like gambling with our first pick ... and esp not gambling with 2 picks to get up there. the corners who you would even possibly be looking at getting are :

Claiborne
    Kirkpatrick
    Jenkins

2 of the 3 are stupid enough to get in trouble with marajuana. If you really wanna gamble just sit at 14 and take the Corner that falls to you there instead of trading up.

I just HATE gambling with a first round pick when we have SO MANY slots to fill. You could pick O line or D line at 14 which would help this team a lot more than gambling on a Headache type player. I complain already about Bryant and both Kirkpatrick and Jenkins have been in way more trouble than Bryant has. I think both Kirkpatrick and Jenkins are all shiny right now but in the long run are not worth the hassle.
  8. garyv

garyv Active Member

1,410 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    No reason to trade up in this Draft for a Corner....if you need one that bad @ #14 one will be there but I would rather take DeCastro @ 14 than if there's a need to trade up in the 2nd Round I would for Jenkins.
  9. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,675 Messages
    1,699 Likes Received
    One corner changes almost nothing. Instead of the typical Jerry-like patchwork, let's be awesome on one side of the ball. We're closest on offense.

Spend this offseason completing the offensive line, and be dominant there. The skill players are already pretty good.

It works for the Saints, Packers, and Patriots. It worked for the Colts for years.
  10. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,009 Messages
    152 Likes Received
    I agree with this and would rather have Jenkins. I just think that the Cowboys will overlook Kirkpatrick's marijuana issue and draft him if he is available because of his physicality. I also think Jones still rues the day he passed on Randy Moss.

But like others have said, he will probably be there at 14 so no need to trade up if he is the guy the team likes.
  11. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,130 Messages
    651 Likes Received
    Well that "choir boy" approach is working because Harvin and Jackson aren't guys I could say we missed out on. Not to mention Harvin has migraine's every preseason and Desean is a idiot.
  12. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I think we could trade back to the early 20s, get another 2nd and take Jenkins in that early 20s pick. A DE/OLB with our pick in the 2nd and Burfict with the newly acquired 2nd. The intensity he brings on D is unreal.
  13. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    we NEED bad boys? Why?

We DON'T need druggies at all.

And Jerruh, with Hurd in the back of his mind, won't take a chance on one.
  14. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    So you think we'd cross Dre off our board, but not Jenkins? Makes no sense, but ok.
  15. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    DeCastro was already taken.
  16. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

1,081 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    co-sign