1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Trade ?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by StanleySpadowski, Nov 15, 2007.

1. StanleySpadowski

StanleySpadowski Active Member

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    In one of my leagues I was offered Addai straight up for Owens.

My WRs (start 3) are Owens, Welker, Holt, Crayton and A. Johnson

My RBs (start 2) are MJD, Chester Taylor, Selvin Young and A. Peterson.

Do I make this deal?
  2. Mavs Man

Mavs Man All outta bubble gum

4,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I might jump on it. You could still start Welker, Holt and (Andre?) Johnson and not miss too much at the WR position, but with Peterson out for the next few weeks Addai would add a lot (averaging over 100 yds and a TD per game, rushing & receiving), while Taylor or MJD would give you good production at the other spot. Then, once Peterson comes back - wow.
  3. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    With Johnson set to come back this week, I think you make that trade... especially with AD on the fritz.
  4. StanleySpadowski

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I made it pending approval.

I have Romo and Witten in this league so what really turned me in favor of the deal was the "bad week" chances in the playoffs.

Having a lot of players from one team is great when they're playing well but sooner or later a bust week is bound to come up and since I've already clinched a playoff spot that was my only concern. You always have to worry about a monsoon or something in the playoffs.
  5. Mavs Man

Mavs Man All outta bubble gum

4,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That scenario happened to me last year during fantasy basketball. In the four years I've been playing, I've always finished one or two, and last year I ran away with everybody in the regular season. But I was knocked out in the first round thanks to my players getting benched in preparation for the NBA playoff season (or their team was tanking their season).

"Oh well", I thought, "at least I have the Mavs to look forward to."

:bang2:

CRAP!
  6. StanleySpadowski

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I made this trade for the long haul but darn, missed out on Owens' 4 TDs and took Chester Taylor and his 180 yards and 3 TDs out of the lineup for Addai.