1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Traffic Jams

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Sam I Am, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Next time you're stuck in a traffic jam, just know how good you actually have it that your traffic jam isn't even close to 62 miles long! :laugh2:

============================

China's nine-day traffic jam stretches 100km (62 miles)

BEIJING — Thousands of vehicles were bogged down Monday in a more than 100-kilometre (62-mile) traffic jam leading to Beijing that has lasted nine days and highlights China's growing road congestion woes.

The Beijing-Tibet expressway slowed to a crawl on August 14 due to a spike in traffic by cargo-bearing heavy trucks heading to the capital, and compounded by road maintenance work that began five days later, the Global Times said.

The state-run newspaper said the jam between Beijing and Jining city had given birth to a mini-economy with local merchants capitalising on the stranded drivers' predicament by selling them water and food at inflated prices.

Complete Story

========================

We are supposed to do the same thing in this forum too right? Cut the articles short and link to the actual website that the article is from?
  2. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,663 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    And I was mad this morning it took me 12 minutes to go 3.5 miles. :laugh1:
  3. VietCowboy

VietCowboy Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.

2,915 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    And this is why I have never lived more than a 15 minute walk from my school/office.