1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Video: Travis Frederick Video/Audio

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Apr 26, 2013.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,045 Messages
    3,281 Likes Received
  2. Tejano15

Tejano15 Member

394 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    He looks to be strong, smart and that is a plus. He will be a stronger player then most think, and I am happy with this pick. Surprised but happy.
  3. hutch1254

hutch1254 Well-Known Member

1,418 Messages
    146 Likes Received
    I'm happy with the pick. Anytime we can get a player where the words "road grader" and "strong anchor" come into play I'm happy. Kid has a fantastic beard too.

Welcome aboard Travis. I hope you do great.
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,989 Messages
    4,842 Likes Received
    Ability aside (and that's really all that matters), but I really like how this guy handles himself. He seems like a really smart, hardworking, level headed guy.

It also sounds to me like they're planning on playing him at C, regardless how they're handling it publicly. Jerry mentions 'we're excited to get you there, helping out, at the center of our line.' Don't know if that was a slip, or a reference to the interior line in general, but I'm guessing the former.
  5. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,856 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    Him being a smart player is much more important than his 40 time. As Jimmy said, "You can't teach stupid!". Other than that, if we plan on playing him at center we are going to need a smart player. He is the brains of the line; and like he said is going to be able to play with a high IQ and call out adjustments.
  6. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

...I just read he got a 34 on his wonderlic: wow.:bow:
  7. NMfan

NMfan Member

295 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    34 out of 50 on the Wonderlic
    I thought I read that he had the highest score of anyone this year. Wish I could remember where I saw that.
  8. taggy24

taggy24 Member

88 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Would someone recap what they saying for a deaf fans like me? Thanks
  9. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,084 Messages
    269 Likes Received
    Ok so he thought of himself as a 2nd round guy but said a lot of teams wanted him in the 2nd. So 31st is practically 2nd and he would have been long gone by our wasted 2nd round selection...

Cool, glad we took him 3 spots early...

He said he can play both center and guard equally as good, plus plus..

Scored 30 out of 50 on wonderlic.

Doesn't think straight line speed is needed to play center, says he's quick to engage blocks and can drive one on one back if singled with a ng in a 3-4..

Grew up a Bears fan..
  10. BARRYRAY

BARRYRAY Active Member

1,222 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Yea I don't get how people say he's second round 31st is really a pick away from second round and lord knows we needed a center.