1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Trent Richardson to the Colts

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by cowboyfan4life_mark, Sep 18, 2013.

1. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

1,588 Messages
    656 Likes Received
    They had their chance at RGIII and traded that spot away to Washington. My guess is Johnny Manziel or Bridgewater is in their sites.
  2. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

4,938 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    Bigger or not as big as the Hershel Walker trade?
  3. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,080 Messages
    3,988 Likes Received
    By contrast, it'd be a really bad move, in my opinion, for Dallas. We need those high picks for other places, and our QB is slowing down, not starting out. We can't be spending frivolously on luxury positions when we've got a capable starter in place already. We're also not in a place to swallow the salary implications. The right move for us is to build slowly through the draft, sign our young players to their second deals, and conserve picks to eventually replace our QB in 3-4 years.
    CowboyMike likes this.
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,080 Messages
    3,988 Likes Received
    That was the Rams, though. CLE was in a rough spot in their draft, but they could have netted some picks and parlayed them into the following year. And they could have not blown the high pick on Weeden.
  5. HanD

HanD Member

849 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    i would take richardson over demarco pretty quickly. richardson's 3.5ypc was on an offense with no qb, no wrs and where he was the sole threat that defenses focused on. he also played hurt almost the whole year last year with broken ribs. the guy is a complete 3 down back imo.
  6. CooterBrown

CooterBrown Well-Known Member

1,590 Messages
    288 Likes Received
    A running back for a first round draft pick? Other than Peterson, running backs are a dime a dozen. This is a passing league. Indy got fleeced.
    Teague31 and jobberone like this.
  7. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,951 Messages
    1,703 Likes Received
    They need a team. They just spent a pick on Weeden last year. You can't honestly evaluate if he's even capable if he doesn't have anything to work with.
  8. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,393 Messages
    1,379 Likes Received
    I would love the value Clev got in this trade if I thought they would know what to do with that extra pick. I wonder if Indy could have gotten away with giving up their 2nd pick, kind of steep for a 1st for a RB.
  9. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,350 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    20s i'd wager
  10. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,763 Messages
    502 Likes Received
    I agree, I just don't think you can build a team around an rb. And weeden is terrible, and old.

Also, the Colts are about to go 1-2 at SF and the rest of their schedule is brutal, maybe Cle gets 2 top 10 picks.
  11. CowboysLegend365

CowboysLegend365 Active Member

303 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    Gutsy move Mr. Irsay. Young player, needed a tough, explosive RB. None in next years draft probably better than Richardson. Why not?
  12. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member

3,559 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Drafting him 3rd overall was a terrible move. A rebuilding team has no business using such a high pick on a running back. Trading him away for a first-rounder is an excellent move, given that the mistake was already made.
  13. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,397 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    They're probably trying to position themselves for a QB next April. Weeden is already 29 and they're far from sold on him.
  14. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,334 Messages
    723 Likes Received
    I'm surprised they got a first rounder for him. In those terms, it is a good move by Cleveland. Keep him for the rest of this season and that pick probably falls down a round or two.
  15. joseephuss

20,334 Messages
    723 Likes Received
    He is a mere weeks away from turning 30.
  16. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,162 Messages
    1,340 Likes Received

Todd Gurley looks like a player.
  17. tantrix1969

tantrix1969 Well-Known Member

864 Messages
    367 Likes Received
    unless you're Shanahan not sure I agree with this
    CowboysLegend365 likes this.
  18. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

1,950 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Gonna see if any of my fantasy teams could use McGahee...
  19. Wheeltax

Wheeltax Well-Known Member

864 Messages
    384 Likes Received
    Huh. Pretty crazy.

As ******** says, "Browns gonna Brown"
  20. joseephuss

20,334 Messages
    723 Likes Received
    Tough? Maybe. Played injured. Explosive? He hasn't shown that aspect in his game yet. Career long of 32 yards and averages 3.5 yards per carry.