1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Trent Richardson to the Colts

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by cowboyfan4life_mark, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,606 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    Haha she acts line she can be a linebacker. She's nuts
  2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,940 Messages
    2,155 Likes Received
    Certainly not the 3rd overall pick--which has the alum of about 3 late 1st rounders.
  3. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    I don't think the Colts are solely looking at this year. He's a 2nd year back and will probably be with them for a good bit of time.
  4. pastordug

pastordug Active Member

132 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I can see Richardson smiling and thinking how nice it will be NOT to have 8 guys in the box to run in to every time he's handed the ball. GREAT move for Indy.....another head scratcher for the Browns fans.
  5. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

2,091 Messages
    780 Likes Received
    Richardson has already had knee issues, and I don't think that he's a significant upgrade over Ahmad Bradshaw, even with his balky feet.

Trading a first rounder is even dumber.
  6. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,365 Messages
    924 Likes Received
    In recent drafts, the Browns selected Brady Quinn at 22 in the 1st round, Colt McCoy in the third, Trent Richardson at 4 in the 1st when they could have got Ryan Tannehill, and Weeden at 22 in the 1st. Just speculating, but it appears the Browns are getting together some ammunition to move up and get themselves a real QB in the next draft. I hope they succeed, because the Browns have some great fans who deserve a competitive team.
  7. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,365 Messages
    924 Likes Received
    I tried to edit my post above and the time limit had expired. Anyway, I went over to Pro Football Talk and saw Florio had posted essentially the same thing I said above earlier this evening. My apologies for the redundancy.
  8. Wheeltax

Wheeltax Well-Known Member

1,050 Messages
    544 Likes Received
    I think it makes sense for Indy. They're set at QB, and any of their major weaknesses can certainly be addressed in later rounds.
  9. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

7,916 Messages
    402 Likes Received
    Good move for both teams. Colts pick up a good (not great) young RB while the Browns go all-in with building a competent team.

Let's face it: the Browns are getting nowhere with Weeden as their QB which is why they have their third-stringer starting this week. Richardson is going to wallow away behind poor QB play for years until they are ready to contend at which point his rookie contract is up and he bolts town. Even if they drafted Bridgewater, you'd still have to figure a couple of years until Bridgewater really hits his stride.

In doing this, they not only have their pick but can dangle another #1 to move up for their guy depending upon who is ultimately at the bottom of the league. That's something that other teams won't be able to offer in a draft where the top guys run pretty deep.
  10. durrrr

durrrr Active Member

719 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    I don't disagree. You asked why they were focusing on the running game. Luck is much better in play action.
  11. NickZepp

NickZepp Well-Known Member

2,655 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    The Browns are just trying to tank and get Clowney for their defense and maybe a Manzell for their offense. But they probably still have no receivers and will have no running back too.
  12. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,765 Messages
    1,968 Likes Received

They have Josh Gordon at receiver. He has beast potential

RB? Dime a dozen.
  13. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,940 Messages
    2,155 Likes Received
    The Browns may (or may not) have issue with Weeden. But the reason they have their 3rd string starting becasue Weeden is injured.
  14. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,075 Messages
    1,271 Likes Received
    This trade will ultimately be judged upon if the Browns able to hit with their pick.
  15. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,638 Messages
    4,904 Likes Received
    Oh well. I actually wanted to draft him but I am not afraid to admit that now I am glad we did not.