1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Trent Richardson Traded to Colts per NFL Network

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by CowboysYanksLakers, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,526 Messages
    891 Likes Received
    Lmao. I don't think you could pay me enough to go watch that joke of a game between 2 joke franchises. Especially that dump they have in Jacksonville they call a stadium. Yeah I'm pretty sure the goal in that game will be to lose for both sides. Don't be surprised if there is a tie somehow lol.
  2. Hardline

Hardline Well-Known Member

794 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    The biggest loser (not financially ) will be Javon Clowney.
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,017 Messages
    9,097 Likes Received
    Now they got Luck, Richardson, Hilton to build around.
  4. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,133 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    I don't think Cleveland traded Richardson to take Clowney. JMO, if Cleveland and Jacksonville pick #1 and #2, I could see both going QB and Clowney falling to someone like Oakland. Not that I would, but Cleveland and Jacksonville will go QB if they can
  5. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,788 Messages
    682 Likes Received
    The Browns paid Richardson $13.5M for 17 games. His bonus was $13M. And they traded up a slot to get him. Oh, and by the way, anyone know the GM at the time for the Browns? I assume the Browns had a 'real' GM.

I'm guessing Weeden has already contacted a realtor and has his house/condo on the market. Probably the same for WR Gordon. It wouldn't surprise me if the Browns are already shopping those two. Not getting much for Weeden with his thumb 'all screwed up' (not so unofficial diagnosis from the crack Cleveland insiders in the front office).

That team is a mess. The Factory of Sadness keeps cranking out the misery.
  6. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Active Member

971 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    I know this made MJD sick to his stomach.
    Wheeltax likes this.
  7. Questfor6

Questfor6 Well-Known Member

1,315 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    If Clowney falls to the 3rd pick Jerry better get on the phone because he's an instant replacement for Spencer and we can keep Selvie for depth.

As far as the trade goes I think it's a great deal for Cleveland because if they do end up with the 1st overall pick then they can either hold that pick for ransom (Clowney) or get a top notch QB like Bridgewater for Chud's O. Don't forget they traded down a lot in this last draft & have multiple picks in the 3rd & 4th round. They can also go a variety of different ways with there 2nd 1st but they have the pieces in place to build a solid roster now.
  8. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

3,983 Messages
    1,208 Likes Received
    Reports are the Browns really like Manziel. They had a couple scouts at the Bama-A&M game, and plan on going to the A&M-LSU game too from what I've read. Doesn't mean they'll take him, but I know they're interested.
  9. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,133 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    I doubt we see anyone trade down with Clowney on the board. I think the teams that want a QB will be too afraid to trade down, and the teams that won't, will take Clowney.