1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Troy Aikman Interview Tweets - 02/12/13

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 12, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,706 Messages
    6,472 Likes Received
    Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota
    Troy Aikman on 105.3: Tony Romo can lead Cowboys to a Super Bowl: "He's a special player. Unfortunately not a lot of people recognize that."

Troy Aikman said he "marvels" at how Jerry Jones is able to keep calm after games. Said Jones was always the team's biggest supporter.

Troy Aikman on Cowboys: "There are some good coaches that left the building, there are some good coaches that just came into the building."

Troy Aikman: "I don’t view the coaching part of it as the reason why this team didn’t make it to the postseason." (via 105.3 The Fan)
  2. batman36

batman36 Member

508 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jerry seems as though he is as big a fan of the team, as he is a proud NFL owner.
  3. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,676 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Amen, Troy!
  4. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,706 Messages
    6,472 Likes Received
    Added a few more tweets...
  5. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,472 Messages
    174 Likes Received

It amazes me that people like Aikman,Staubach,Warner and Dilfer can throw nothing but praise to Romo, and our own fanbase is filled with people chomping at the bit to get rid of him.
  6. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

3,093 Messages
    449 Likes Received
    At some point he has to prove how special he is on the field, when it matters most.
  7. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,691 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    That's because most of our fanbase is clueless and never played a down in their life.
  8. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,691 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    He's been proving how special he is on the field and doing it without a running game and a well below average boarderline terrible oline. He's constantly pulling circus acts game after game just to get passes off. If you know what you're watching you would know that he proves his ability weekly.
  9. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,530 Messages
    722 Likes Received
    A former player has spoken and everybody should be on board with JG as the coach because Aikman said it so and being a message board fan doesn't amount to squat.

Right?

:cool:
  10. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,676 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Can I get an AMEN up in here!!!
  11. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,472 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    I'll side with a highly respected HOF super bowl winning QB's thoughts on how a current QB plays over a fan on a message board anyday. No offense. There are plenty of knowledgeable fans on here, but let's be real and call it what it is. We love the game, and are passionate about it, but we aren't experts. Just saying.
  12. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,371 Messages
    980 Likes Received
    This.
  13. Bluestang

5,530 Messages
    722 Likes Received
    Right. So no one should be questioning JG...
  14. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,472 Messages
    174 Likes Received

Garrett is not Troy Aikman or Roger Staubach.
  15. Bluestang

5,530 Messages
    722 Likes Received
    Aikman just told you coaching is not the problem.

What else is there?

Player execution maybe?
  16. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,472 Messages
    174 Likes Received

Lack of talent in the trenches. Too many injuries on the defensive side and at RB. Garrett will continue to improve. Our team had a different mentality than in the past, they fought back several times when they'd fold in the past. If Garrett can improve on the slow starts and cut down penalties, Dallas could be much improved. Just my opinion of course, and your more than welcome to disagree. :)
  17. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Troy wasn't even talking about Garrett. He was addressing the little tempest in a teapot his comments generated a week or so ago about all the other staff changes (and his real point of who was making those changes). If you listen to the interview, he just says he didn't think the guys who left were the problem to begin with, so he isn't sure that replacing them will get the team over the hump.
  18. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,111 Messages
    470 Likes Received
    Romo should get the help needed for that offensive line this off-season...
  19. Dhragon

Dhragon Deadly Claws of Death

1,310 Messages
    185 Likes Received
    And nobody else does? Do the other 21 starters not have to prove it as well? I forgot only QBs stepped onto the field on gamedays. Everyone else doesn't matter.
  20. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,016 Messages
    506 Likes Received
    I think what he is trying to say is...If Aikman had the ball on that last drive against the Skins, does he throw that pick to end the season?

Fair or not those are going to be the plays he is judged by. There have been plenty of times with less on the line that Romo has drove us down the field in that situation and gave us a chance to win but with the lights shining bright, he has got to make a statement.

I believe he can and will.