1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!
  2. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

Troy Polamalu is overrated

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by dallasfan4lizife, Aug 15, 2011.

1. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,861 Messages
    386 Likes Received
    i hear constant praise of him. greatest safety to play blah blah blah...but i've watched him for many years now and he doesn't seem like a GOAT. he's good but hes hyped up because of his big hair and big hits. he's always been fairly weak in pass coverage and i think the super bowl showed that. i still think ed reed is more of a game changer and ball hawk. troy polamalu skills are amplified because of the defense skill and scheme they run as well.
  2. EchoBrain22

EchoBrain22 beWaredizzle

228 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    I completely disagree, overrated? That's crazy. There are not 5 better safeties in the game. By the way, he was playing with an achilles injury during the super bowl.
  3. kidcrook

kidcrook Member

827 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    No, he's not.
  4. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

3,148 Messages
    1,619 Likes Received
    Um, no. Have you seen the pittsburgh defense without him? I'm still pretty peeved about Harrison over Ware for Defensive player of the year in 08... Harrison isn't even the best defensive player on his team. Without Polomalu, that defense doesn't work. Witthout Polamalu, the Steelers don't work.

I'd say play the injury card to prove your point (that he's injured so often), but that just kind of proves everyone else's... they are mediocre without him.
  5. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,861 Messages
    386 Likes Received
    he was injured in the super bowl? i dont care because he's a no show in the playoffs year in and year out..stats prove it. also; i think he's the 2nd best safety in the league. but i just dont consider him a top 5 player like the nfl network.
  6. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'll take that overrated safety in Dallas... Ed Reed and Troy P. are still the best in the business.
  7. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    Its not all about Troy ... their D coordinator get the most out of all his players. And also Tory was hurt last season. Which is actually a concern because he has gotten hurt the last 2 season in a row now.
  8. Mash

Mash Active Member

4,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Im not a fan of Troy....Like Ed Reed tho...

The mediots have hyped Troy up so much that he ended winning DPOY one time.

Yes Troy is a very good player....makes some big plays.....the scheme makes him look better then he really is IMHO. Put Troy on Dallas and we would all complain that he couldnt cover

JMHO ....bias maybe......Steelers get all the mediots love and can do no wrong....
  9. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    He's a great player but he's no Ronnie Lott
  10. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

55,187 Messages
    7,822 Likes Received
    He needs a hair cut.
  11. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

23,038 Messages
    2,228 Likes Received
    There is a difference between GOAT and overrated.

The guy can ball. Period. GOAT? Ronnie Lott may have something to say about that.
  12. ringmaster

ringmaster Well-Known Member

1,877 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    He is Somoan American and their long hair is a symbolic thing but if I'm wrong correct me on it.
  13. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    you been smokin what Eli has been smokin?
  14. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

12,141 Messages
    252 Likes Received
  15. EchoBrain22

EchoBrain22 beWaredizzle

228 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Nice picture of a guy playing with a partial tear in his achilles. Have you even tried running around with an achilles injury? My friend tore his earlier this summer, its an incredibly debilitating injury.

He is a top 2 safety in this league, anyone who says otherwise does not watch many Pittsburgh games or does not know football. The Steeler D is completely different with him out of the lineup. I understand he's been injured the past 2 seasons, but hey injuries are part of the game.

I would love to see him on our squad instead of the guys we have in our defensive backfield. We have had issues back there since Woodson left.
  16. proline

proline Active Member

1,377 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    What's wrong with long hair and big hits? ;)
  17. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

33,013 Messages
    2,526 Likes Received
    He gave up like 2 passes in that game.

The one TD against Green Bays #1 WR and a 3 yard pass to some other guy.

According to PFF, that's what he did in that game.

Also, they don't have him credited with giving up a TD all season prior to that one and QBs have a rating of 39.2.

Seems pretty solid to me.
  18. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,801 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    there's your proof right there.
  19. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

23,038 Messages
    2,228 Likes Received
    If I'm not mistaken, Polamalu return to play in the Super Bowl, but he wasn't fully healthy.

But I love how posters pick one touchdown(s) to prove someone isn't elite. Newsflash, even Deion had receivers catch touchdown passes on him.
  20. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

28,064 Messages
    3,400 Likes Received
    You're wrong...I know plenty of Samoan dudes with short hair.