1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tweets w/ Rowan on Ware

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LatinMind, Feb 12, 2014.

1. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,556 Messages
    1,548 Likes Received
    1. Dallas Cowboys Remix ‏@DCRMX2014 29m
      @KavnerDC Think team told Ware paycut or cut? Maybe getting surgery to pass a teams physical?

8:18 AM - 12 Feb 2014 · Details
    2. [IMG]Rowan Kavner ‏@KavnerDC now
      @DCRMX2014 I don't know if they're that cut and dry about it at this point in the year. Want to work something out, not give ultimatum

3. [IMG]Dallas Cowboys Remix ‏@DCRMX2014 now
      @KavnerDC Which way do you think this ends up going? Paycut or restructure?

4. [IMG]Rowan Kavner ‏@KavnerDC now
      @DCRMX2014 Probably the first, just question of how much.
  2. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,405 Messages
    2,128 Likes Received
    I just don't see Jerry releasing Ware, not considering how many times he mentions that he overruled Parcells and drafted Ware.................its like Jerry's only war room victory.....LOL
  3. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,641 Messages
    1,564 Likes Received
    That will be the big test. I am hoping he is cut, but sadly, we will probably restructure (not cut) him.
    Corso likes this.
  4. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,556 Messages
    1,548 Likes Received
    Ware in his limited time in preseason he killed it, and started the yr on fire. 4 sacks and 1 int in the first 2 games. Got hurt and wasnt the same. Ware even now is better then anything they can draft. By far.
    guag, Floaty and casmith07 like this.
  5. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,822 Messages
    2,672 Likes Received
    Really. I can't believe so many people want him cut.
    Floaty, Erik_H, Seven and 3 others like this.
  6. theSHOW

theSHOW Benched

3,050 Messages
    976 Likes Received
    yeah, sorry man, but his salary kills us. And he has had no impression on any of last seasons games. Picking up 2-3 dlinemen coming off their rookie deal would save the team millions. And its Wares ripped up contract that will pay them. And in 2015 its jumps from 12 mil to 16m.
  7. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,729 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    32 and coming off back to back offseason surgeries. 6 sack season and a aweful 2nd half in 2012. 2 years now he has the he was hurt excuse. That doesn't get better with age. I would say its about a 50/50 chance he's better than anyone they can draft.
    cwbysone and StarBoyz83 like this.
  8. theSHOW

theSHOW Benched

3,050 Messages
    976 Likes Received

If he's traded before June 1st or he becomes a pre-June 1st cut he'll count as $8,571,500 towards the cap. If he's listed as a post-June 1st cut or he's traded after that date he'll count as $3,753,750 towards the 2014 cap, (includes additional work-out bonus), and $5,317,750 towards 2015
    A savings of $7.3M if we cut him pre 6/1. If we cut him post 6/1 we save over $12M, but push some cap hit into 2015
  9. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

2,228 Messages
    1,374 Likes Received
    That Lost Boys sig is so EPIC!

My nephew watched that and begged my brother for months to get him a sax so he could "Rock out and get the chicks".
    Lol.
    CyberB0b likes this.
  10. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

2,228 Messages
    1,374 Likes Received
    I agree.
    I've been dogging him a bit for various reasons the past few days, but I don't want him cut.
    I want him to do the team a solid and take a paycut of some sort.
    I still think he can kill it when healthy.
    I hope he can since I think there's no way he's cut.
  11. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,486 Messages
    675 Likes Received
    I think it's more than just wanting him cut.

It's one thing if he had one bad year, but back to back ones with constant injuries is the real problem. The amount he is getting paid way exceeds what he putting out there on the field.

What fans want to see is a player set aside his ego or whatever drives them, and take a "team first" approach by taking a pay cut. Doug Free did it, so why would Ware be excluded considering this team needs all the help it can get to get better?
    Idgit and BIGDen like this.
  12. CyberB0b

3,641 Messages
    1,564 Likes Received
    Don't let him see the remix.
    McLovin, Airbag and Corso like this.
  13. TrailBlazer

TrailBlazer Well-Known Member

1,568 Messages
    588 Likes Received
    Rookies could come in an match his sack totals for 2013. And cost less. George selvie did it.
  14. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,156 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    He had 2 sacks, both in the Chiefs game.
  15. radioactivecowboy88

radioactivecowboy88 Active Member

400 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    For me its not so much I want him cut because of his "lack of production" its because
    1 we need cap space (and yes I know they will find a way) restructuring is not a solution its bad business
    2 for too long we have been playing old over the hill players that WERE great... this is a what have u done for me lately league.
    3 we have to move on from that group of core players from 05-10. They are getting old and proven losers on this team. (And yes that includes romo austin witten)(and no that doesnt nessacarly include players drafted in that time)
    4 what is more valuable keeping ware or bryant the happier he is the happier the team is
  16. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,285 Messages
    1,179 Likes Received
    He beat Tyron Smith like a rented mule all off-season and training camp.
    Tyron never came close to blocking him.
    The media seriously thought Tyron might be a bust.
    Chocolate Lab likes this.
  17. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,556 Messages
    1,548 Likes Received
    Ware has 42.5 sacks the previous 3 yrs. He's been hurt, thats an excuse? even with his injuries, the guy has missed 3 games in his career. He's played the past 2 yrs with a back injury, neck inury and elbow injury. His neck and his back didnt affect him much this yr but he had no leverage this yr after reinjurying that elbow. This surgery is to correct the problem. Simply cleanup that will not take up any of his offseason. and there is zero chance there is a DE in the draft that can do what he does. Get outta here with that bull.
    Kaiser likes this.
  18. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,556 Messages
    1,548 Likes Received
    Yeah he looked junior college material against Ware in TC. I thought was going to kill it this yr and he started out that way but that elbow injury killed him. This surgery should cure this and shouldnt take away any time from his offseason
  19. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,285 Messages
    1,179 Likes Received
    He's had ONE bad season, in 2012 he had 11.5 sacks which only a complete goof calls "bad".
    Ware is a top 10 ALL_TIME PASS RUSHER.
    The thought we are going to magically duplicate his production from non-top 10 pick draftees is absolutely stupid.
    The odds are heinously low.

1 player drafted in 2013 had more sacks than Ware. ONE. And that was a draft dominated by early DL/OL picks.
    Chocolate Lab likes this.
  20. CyberB0b

3,641 Messages
    1,564 Likes Received
    It is about the future. You can replace his production with multiple players. George Selvie was more productive.
    dwight likes this.