TWill could be a really good WR

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by REDVOLUTION, Sep 16, 2013.

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

30,505 Messages
    3,574 Likes Received
    That was a great catch.

Lets see how he rolls through the season. Would be nice if he turns into a Laurent Robinson for Tony.
  2. Future

Future Intramural Legend

17,476 Messages
    2,517 Likes Received
    He's not going to be Laurent Robinson, I don't think he's that savvy type of receiver. What I think he can be is a deep threat who defenses are going to have to account for on every single play. I think he has shown a couple of flashes where he can get open downfield, and if he can do that to man coverage, its going to open up a lot of other stuff.
    Spectre likes this.
  3. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

5,582 Messages
    776 Likes Received
    Wasn't he comparable to a Torrey Smith type of player ?
  4. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,835 Messages
    523 Likes Received
    I'm not sure what to make of him. He's not THAT fast nor is he very explosive. I don't think he'll be making many defenders miss or racking up yards after the catch. Best thing to hope for is that he becomes a good route runner and can be a solid #2 WR.
  5. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

23,514 Messages
    2,991 Likes Received
    He's a deep threat. Fast enough.
  6. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,980 Messages
    1,159 Likes Received
    Laurent Robinson is actually a good comparison.
  7. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

11,261 Messages
    2,475 Likes Received
    For him to turn into a Laurent Robinson would require them to throw down field more than once or twice a game.
  8. Proximo

Proximo Well-Known Member

1,795 Messages
    1,812 Likes Received
    After week 1 wasn't there a thread dedicated to deeming him a bust and labeling him as "garbage"?

Anyway I think this thread is a little more accurate. TWill has the chance to be a great compliment to Dez and Miles. I think he's going to be a good receiver on the outside and I like the way they're already getting him a significant amount of reps early in the season. He should turn out to be a good pickup in the 3rd round.
    Kaiser likes this.
  9. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

15,290 Messages
    1,830 Likes Received
    Yes, he will be a great one in an alternate universe. Or if he gets the flux capactor working and he goes back to his college days.

(I am overly sinical today. I will get Ms. Busty to slap me hard for being this sinical. But I love it when me and Ms. Busty make up. heh.)
    khiladi likes this.
  10. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,751 Messages
    767 Likes Received
    Time use the Williams down the field to stretch the defenses SMH
  11. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

12,680 Messages
    3,890 Likes Received
    This was only his 2nd game. Give him some time, see what type of player he develops into.
    But you are right, as I believe they think he can be a deep threat and stretch the defenses, therefore hopefully opening the running game up.
  12. SWG9

SWG9 Well-Known Member

1,040 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    I'm pretty sure the actual Laurent Robinson is sitting at home right now, we could always sign him...
  13. bark

bark Well-Known Member

3,583 Messages
    2,342 Likes Received
    He went off to jax and got punch drunk
  14. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

14,486 Messages
    4,132 Likes Received
    We don't need a Robinson, we need an offense that can score in the red zone based upon drawn up plan.... We weren't that good with him either and we had similar problems.
  15. Spectre

Spectre Well-Known Member

2,512 Messages
    370 Likes Received
    Not gonna happen.
  16. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,737 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    all that insight from two games? really?
  17. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

6,644 Messages
    2,317 Likes Received
    He could be good if he stops running 1 yard routes.

Why are they trying to make him into a RAC WR? That's not his game. That's not what he did at Baylor. Harris is more of the RAC WR.
  18. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

8,561 Messages
    1,896 Likes Received
    we have to use him to stretch the field.we are basically misusing a lot of our offensive weapons.why is Hanna in back field so much?? he needs to use his speed to create mismatches in the middle!!
  19. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,980 Messages
    1,159 Likes Received
    ...And you know this how?

The guy has the same skill set as Robinson, works hard, smart and the team obviously likes him.

See no reason why he can't develop into that kind of weapon down the road.
  20. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

3,108 Messages
    590 Likes Received
    In another thread I mentioned that all he does is get open. On his catches in the Chiefs game he had good separation from the defender. I have hopes that he can develop into a reliable receiver.