1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Twitter: Cowboys-Chargers Practice Notes 8/18

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Aug 18, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    BryanBroaddusBryan Broaddus
    Bill Nagy is still working with the 1st OL at left guard. Will be interesting if he gets the start Sunday nite against the Chargers.

6 minutes agoFavoriteRetweetReply

robphillips3Rob Phillips
    Patrick Crayton (No.12) fielding punts for SD.

7 minutes ago

derekeagletonDerek Eagleton
    Cowboys vs Chargers on the practice field today and tomorrow. Play Sunday night 7:00 pm central at Cowboys Stadium.

9 minutes ago

dallascowboysDallas Cowboys

by 1053thefan
    Yes, those are the @chargers on the practice field here at Valley Ranch http://t.co/v2P1Ozg

9 minutes ago
    espn_macmahonTim MacMahon
    Larry Allen is also here. Unlike skinny Nate Newton, Allen looks like he could start at left guard for Cowboys. Might not be bad idea.

9 minutes agoFavoriteRetweetReply

robphillips3Rob Phillips
    Larry Allen is here, hanging with the offensive linemen. Next ROH guy?

robphillips3Rob Phillips
    Jon Kitna has returned to practice. Haven't seen Miles Austin, who has had a little hamstring issue that hasn't kept him out yet.

24 minutes agoFavoriteRetweetReply

toddarcherTodd Archer
    K Kai Forbath actually exists. First time he's been seen on field but he's not practicing with quad injury.

23 minutes ago

toddarcherTodd Archer
    Miles Austin to rest hamstring today: IRVING, Texas -- A sore hamstring will keep wide receiver Miles Austin from... http://t.co/eECBMlf

24 minutes agoFavoriteRetweetReply

calvinwatkinsCalvin Watkins
    We got fisher price field goals at cowboys-chargers practice. http://t.co/yD1UWoV

25 minutes ago

robphillips3Rob Phillips
    As expected it's about 90 degrees at 9:14 a.m. at the Ranch.

25 minutes ago

Charles Haley and Nate Newton are roaming the Valley Ranch practice fields.
  2. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    derekeagletonDerek Eagleton
    Larry Allen watching offensive line drills. He's probably got one or two pancake blocks left in him. http://t.co/HmMKt51

5 minutes agoFavoriteRetweetReply
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,230 Messages
    1,820 Likes Received
    I assume that you mean 8/18
  4. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    I did, someone fixed it for me. No fights yet, cowboys offense going against chargers defense, from 1053thefan. Chris Collingsworth to be on in about 15 minutes.
  5. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Chargers' starting O got best of Cowboys' starting D in inside run drills.

TEs having a nice day at the point on the move. John Phillips with one of his better blocks in the camp. Need him to be 2009 in running game

Shaun Phillips gets hooked on the edge by Witten. Witten able to turn his shoulders ball gets to outside.

8 minutes ago

Greenhouse getting reps at FB in 9 on 7. Nice job at point digging out LBer.

10 minutes ago

calvinwatkinsCalvin Watkins
    Great to see Larry Allen teaching Tyron smith.

10 minutes ago

Good test for this Cowboys OL in 9 on 7 drill. Chargers have an active front 7. Movement is good.
  6. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,876 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    That's awesome. I hope he gets half of the meanness and determination Larry had.
  7. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    I am still assuming that you can only post so much from twitter (especially on guys covering practice from espn), so if any of you want to, you can follow me on twitter. My handle is dallascowboyjoe.

Unless otherwise, I will just post some good stuff i see on twitter, unless someone tells me different that I can post all from twitter.

nickeatmanNick Eatman
    Funny how the one position unsettled is left guard and the greatest guard in history is here and working with young linemen - Larry Allen.

43 seconds ago
    nickeatmanNick Eatman
    Little slow start for the Cowboys morning practice .. Someone from the offense just shouted "wake the ... Up!" morning !

2 minutes agoFavoriteRetweetReply

DCStarJEllisJosh Ellis
    Lined up against Shaun Phillips for a premium rep, Tyron Smith false starts and gets yanked for a play.Back the next he stonewalls Phillips.

2 minutes ago

Don't know much of DE Vaughn Martin's work but he made Sam Young look poor trying to handle pressure on his outside shoulder. Poor job.
  8. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,772 Messages
    524 Likes Received
    Love it.
  9. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,865 Messages
    3,796 Likes Received
    Joe, there are no issues with posting from twitter. It's their official ESPN chats that they have issues with people posting.

Thank you for posting these twitter updates. Good stuff.
  10. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    cool, thanks wg, will keep posting then, i will let you handle the espn chat, dont see how you get it way you post it, i always have to backspace to get spaces lines out and delete some stuff not needed, which takes time, but i do best i can:)
  11. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    ohhhhh tyson poots got popped announcer said on 1053thefan
  12. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    The one thing that Costa is good at is playing with leverage. DT Cam Thomas tried to Bull Rush him, never gave an inch. Nice rep. One on One
    Note, cowboys fans, think Jason Garrett needs to get Mark Stepnoski in to help tutor Costa on leverage, no one was better than Stepnoski against bigger defensive linemen.
    3 minutes agoFavoriteRetweetReply

Mini-scrap between Martellus Bennett & S CJ Wallace. Marty B had beef after getting popped on play over middle. Weight classes aren't close

4 minutes ago

robphillips3Rob Phillips
    Larry English gets the better of Free.

5 minutes ago

DCStarJEllisJosh Ellis
    Chargers safety CJ Wallace gets a shot in on a diving Martellus Bennett, who gets up swinging.

5 minutes ago

robphillips3Rob Phillips
    Kosier controlling Castillo in consecutive 1 on 1s. Nagy not so effective against Martin Vaughn.

7 minutes ago

Vincent Jackson vs. Alan Ball is easy pickings for Chargers, but Jackson dropped a deep ball after muscling for good position.

8 minutes ago

1053thefan105.3 The FAN
    Chris Collinsworth on w/ @joshandelfshow NOW on @1053thefan

8 minutes ago

JoeFortenbaughJoe Fortenbaugh
    Tony Romo decides against Vegas, plays hide-and-seek in West Virginia for bachelor party. http://t.co/CU5MU3m

robphillips3Rob Phillips
    Jesse Holley with a nice catch over Jammer. Romo had good time. Nagy at LG...Costa getting in a couple reps at C.

12 minutes agoFavoriteRetweetReply

Orlando Scandrick is a weapon as a blitzes despite his size. Came clean off slot to get to Rivers. Has knack for timing.
  13. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Really like the speed of the Chargers DL running this drill. Great work for the Cowboys OL. They are running these drills tight.

2 minutes ago
    Anthony Spencer makes Jeromy Clary look bad with a stutter-step and swim move, then beats him inside next rep.

5 minutes agoFavoriteRetweetReply

Castillo and Phillips owned Kosier and Smith on the twist stunt. Cowboys OL struggling in two man game at this point.

5 minutes ago
  14. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    DCStarJEllisJosh Ellis
    Impressed by Jermey Parnell in pass rush drills. He may be the swing tackle if they don't address it with a waiver claim on final cuts.

Note, you had better get to working Sam Young, Parnell may take your job.
  15. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Gurode is happy when a DL will try and bull rush him, Cam Thomas got around him with little problem, same problem when he doesn't move feet
  16. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Dez Bryant gets way up to snare ball on out from Romo despite tight coverage from Antoine Cason. Just got feet in bounds.

1 minute agoFavoriteRetweetReply
  17. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    S Bob Sanders is moving around well. Handled the toss sweep to his side in support. Never seen him play live. Knows how to avoid blocks.

2 minutes agoFavoriteRetweetReply

Kevin Ogletree grabs a high ball over the middle. He needs to take advantage of extra reps with Miles Austin out.

coach joe a might be by in alittle bit 1053fan says

rivers had to tinkle, so he said excuse me, where is a restroom, pointed him to rest area, relieved himself quickly, rivers said there is a star right there, im not relieving myself in cowboys restroom, so rivers found a bush and relieved himself, then maybe go to cowboys lockerroom where he wasnt suppose to be, funny?

also said everson walls may come by
    http://player.radio.com/player/RadioPlayer.php?version=1.2.12366&station=118
  18. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    announcer saw tyron smith put shawn phillips on his rear end twice, announcer said some fans might say come on phillips might not be really getting after it, but announcer said i dont care, some fans might want to know and thats really good for a 20 year old to put a player like phillips on his tooshie twice, shows you in time how good this kid could really be

nice dez catch on down and out play
  19. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    joe avezano: i forgot to wear shorts, chuckle;

tony through an interception, weddle intercepted it

joe a.. tempo changes and gives you a differenet tool to teach players, you start out by walking, then put on pads, then you getsome new players you havent practiced against and you see them working in game type situations,

tomorrow the players will be better, and rivers is a huge qb,

this if fun and interesting joe avezano says

joe on kicking situation, league says lets start out at 20, and i despise and hate this new rule on kickoffs,
  20. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    joe avezano,i think scoring will go down with this new kicking rule,i havent seen enough from bailey yet, better fg kicking but not so much maybe on kickoffs, i would immediately jump to field position

nickeatmanNick Eatman
    LB Kenwin Cummings limped off the field with an apparent quad/hamstring injury or maybe a cramp. here's a guy that can't afford to get hurt.