1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

twitter: Doctors recommending Marcus Cannon undergo chemotherapy

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Apr 26, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    evansilva Evan Silva
    Whoa. Doctors recommending Marcus Cannon undergo chemotherapy. http://bit.ly/fbNANw
    29 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

Adam Schefter
    TCU's Marcus Cannon has non-Hodgkin lymphoma and is between Stage 2-3; receives his first chemotherapy Wednesday. 90 percent success rate.
  2. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,577 Messages
    531 Likes Received
    Wish him the best. That's a scary thing to have to go through.

I sincerely hope these people know the facts now, and aren't simply spreading rumors again. And that Cannon already knows of this diagnosis and isn't going to hear of his fate through twitter
  3. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,485 Messages
    1,988 Likes Received
    Wait, so the reports of testicular cancer were malicious lies... But he has lymphoma?
  4. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    dont really know buddy,here is more

Source: Marcus Cannon tests positive for lymphoma
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/26/source-marcus-cannon-tests-positive-for-lymphoma/
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 26, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
    TCU offensive lineman Marcus Cannon has tested positive for a treatable form of lymphoma after a battery of tests, a league source tells PFT.

The good news for Cannon is that this form of non-Hodgkin lymphoma is treatable. The timing of the news is unfortunate of course just days before the draft.

A rumor was circulated last month that Cannon had testicular cancer, which isn’t true. A biopsy was then performed to clear the matter up, with the results sent to all 32 teams.
  5. Primetime42

Primetime42 Well-Known Member

2,742 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    I thought this was debunked?
  6. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I thought they rebuked the cancer report?
  7. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,577 Messages
    531 Likes Received
    What they're saying now is that the biopsy that was done after the testicular cancer rumor revealed instead that he had nhl
  8. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,109 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    WOW so maybe this saved his life? A malicious rumor having good results. Because it is not likely the lymphoma would have been found this quick otherwise.
  9. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,811 Messages
    885 Likes Received
    This will push him down and if it is far enough, Jerry should be an opportunist on this.
  10. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

7,808 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    A medical red flag definitely, but I would take him in the 3rd. A 90% success rate, in medical terms, is friggin' outstanding.
  11. Illini88228

Illini88228 Well-Known Member

1,194 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    And you have to figure that he's probably a lot stronger than the 10% who don't make it.
  12. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

7,808 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    Absolutely - the elderly typically get diagnosed and you have to figure they are in the 60's. Younger folks are also affected, but the mean survival rate would obviously be much higher.
  13. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

......but this is what Mario Lemieux of the Penguins had and played VERY well after the fact....he could be the steal of the draft in the 3rd or 4th.
  14. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wish him all the best, prayers sent up... God bless!

:pray: