1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Twitter: Garrett talks Murray and McBriar

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 24, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,153 Messages
    6,954 Likes Received
    dmn_george Brandon George
    #Dallas #Cowboys coach Jason Garrett on RB DeMarco Murray: "Everything that happened with his surgery and rehab has been real positive."

calvinwatkins Calvin Watkins
    After a brief chat Jason Garrett said he's interviewed a few assistant secondary coaches.

Jason Garrett called Mat McBriar a tough guy for playing through that foot injury. McBriar is a free agent. Tough decisions.

Jason Garrett went to 1 pro day last year he will take things on a case by case bases this year
  2. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    McBriar has been great for us but if he can no longer punt due to his injury it really ISN'T a tough decision.

I get really ticked at our FO and JG being so blind at times

"Hey we have a punter that can no longer punt should we resign him?"
  3. NinePointOh

NinePointOh Well-Known Member

1,541 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    So obviously there's at least some chance he will be physically able to punt.
  4. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    Not necessarilly....the same FO and HC says our front 7 is fine
  5. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,087 Messages
    3,075 Likes Received
    Wait, wait, wait, wait. I was told Garrett has been doing nothing to add another secondary coach. I am pretty sure that poster knew what he was talking about.
  6. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Isn't McBriar's injury something that will heal up in the off season? I didn't think it was career threatening.
  7. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus Zone Supporter

4,437 Messages
    256 Likes Received
    Unfortunately, it is career threatening. He has a nerve injury that does not allow him to dorsiflex his ankle (pick up his foot). There is no guarantee that the nerve will heal fully or at all for that matter. One of the doctors on this site (jobberone or Eskimo) mentioned a possible surgical option, but even that is no guarantee. This is just a very unfortunate situation for McBriar and the Cowboys.
  8. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,011 Messages
    4,533 Likes Received
    If it's foot drop due to sciatica or compressed nerve where the nerve exits the spinal column then there is a good chance of recovery post repair. At times the nerve does not recover quickly and/or completely though. There are also other possible diagnoses that could be the problem. Not enough data to make a good guess.

Too bad. I took him for granted.
  9. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Frick!

:bang2: