1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Two things Romo brings

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by AMERICAS_FAN, Oct 30, 2006.

1. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There are two things Romo brings. The first is his ability to scramble forward and run for a first down, or just pick up some yards. Madden briefly talked about the importance of this last noght. But less talked about is the second thing Romo brings, and that is his ability to pass for a first down on third and long. With Bledsoe this was a sure blitzing situation, where defenders would come through and Bledsoe could not avoid the rush to find the open receivers. With Romo, he simply side-steps the rush, and hits open receivers down-field. That was HUGE for us last night.

AF
  2. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    the main thing he brings is the much quicker drop back and release...he gets into the throwing area much faster than Bledsoe does...

he also much more accurate throwing the ball now than Bledsoe is, especially in the short to intermediate area...Bledsoe deservedly got criticism for all the turnovers and sacks, but I would bet his lack of accuracy also played a huge part in his benching...even when he had time he wasnt hitting the open guys enough

David
  3. BARRYRAY

BARRYRAY Active Member

1,229 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    What he said about the bam and its thrown, remember when we had the 3 second timer in camp, Bledsoe never ever got it, Romo whatever his other shortcomigns gets it, there was only one play where he held it, should have thrown it away he was outside the hash on a rollout, but overall you can just see it play after play how he picks a guy and bam its gone..
  4. hmcorp

hmcorp Member

688 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Truthfully romo survys the whole field. He doesnt look at the rush and he doesnt hold on to the ball for more than 4 seconds.

Bledsoe last year was much better than this year.

This year he has reverted to a player that holds on to the ball for 4 to 6 seconds and looks for the big play every time.

He also doesnt trust his players like romo does.

Dont forget romo knows terry and witten and julius and just about all those guys for 3 to 4 years. He has been around.
  5. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,155 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    That is so true. Bledsoe has digressed from last season for some reason. Last year he made mistakes, but I felt like we had a chance. This year, he just didn't have it.
  6. 31smackdown

31smackdown Active Member

1,049 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    I think the biggest thing the he showed last night was his ability to overcome bad plays. It's been a while since we've had that.

The quick release is also nice... I didn't see any patting of the ball or staring down of receivers waiting for them to get open. It's just scan.. scan.. scan.. fire...

He has a good pocket pressence and internal clock to know when to get out of there and get rid of the ball.
  7. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,176 Messages
    151 Likes Received
    for me ROMO brings

EXCITEMENT and EXCITEMENT (in that order)
  8. royhitshard

royhitshard New Member

945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Romo brings confidence to the WHOLE team...I think that has been lacking.
  9. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,594 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    He rushed for a couple first downs - haven't seen that since the Quincy era.
  10. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Romo brings the popcorn.

He uses TO better than Bledsoe did, but under uses Glenn. The trade off appears to be Witten and Fasano being there in the middle.

I am not convinced that Romo is the long term answer, but I feel better after last night. He ain't Quincy Carter, that's for sure.
  11. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,054 Messages
    2,829 Likes Received
    Romo was asked at the post game press conference about this and he said "You get open and I'm going to get you the ball, he said he was not looking for 1 particular guy just trying to find the open man" I think Glenn will still get his but main thing for Romo is get the ball to the open man
  12. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

7,052 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    I think this why he is also an excellent golfer. He does not get too high or too low with any one throw.
  13. BlueStar II

BlueStar II New Member

1,813 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It was nice to see Romo either get the ball out sooner, or avoid the rush (most of the time) and still give us a shot at making the play. Mobility is such an added plus for the QB to have, eh.
  14. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,856 Messages
    694 Likes Received
    You mean he uses TO period.:) Drew changed play and took TO out of game.

Didnt they play 2 safeties over the top? Thats why Glenn was less effective... he will get his... He is NOT a #1... so it makes sense if he gets less catches than TO
  15. Boom

Boom Just Dez It

899 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    I was pleasantly surprised to see passes instead of the HB draw.
  16. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    TG still caught 4 passes last night and the Panthers where trying to take away the long ball with the safeties over top

That is why we ran Owens and Glen into patterns from the RB position to get catches

That also opened up the middle guys Crayton; Witten and Fasno all caught passes:D