1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Two things Romo can learn from Orton

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Zordon, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,496 Messages
    6,046 Likes Received
    Yes, I watch the games but unlike you, I watch the game from the perspective of a Cowboy fan first, not a Romo fan like and the rest of the his stans on this board.

And I'm glad you know how to use profootball-reference.com. Unlike you I don't need that site. I probably watch as much football outside of the Cowboys than anyone on here. Is the pre-snap stuff unique to Romo? No. But he is the only one of the "elite" qbs that has this problem....year after year after year. and FYI false starts are only one aspect of this issue.
    CowboyFan74 and ufcrules1 like this.
  2. mahoneybill

mahoneybill Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,722 Messages
    584 Likes Received
    Have always wondered what is so good about W . Wilson as a QB coach ?
  3. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,658 Messages
    1,746 Likes Received
    This pretty much slams the door on this thread.
    Nav22 and 5Stars like this.
  4. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,756 Messages
    1,821 Likes Received
    Hey! I was agreeing with you. Romo does improvise to much and falls down all the time. (and people want to blame that on his back injury).

Plus, if Romo gets the ball off with say, 10 seconds on the clock, the pass rush that he gets would not happen. The defense would not know when to rush him with 10 seconds left on the clock.

You might actually be on something...what? I'm not sure.
    coult44 likes this.
  5. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,496 Messages
    6,046 Likes Received
    I can take you on as an apprentice but it will require of you more Romo/Garrett bashing.
    ufcrules1 likes this.
  6. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,496 Messages
    6,046 Likes Received
    yep that's it :rolleyes:..the only thing we were robbed of was an opportunity in the playoffs. don't care about other conspiracy theories you romo stans come up with in your heads.
  7. 5Stars

26,756 Messages
    1,821 Likes Received
    Can you help me out with the apprenticeship and tell me about the defense? Romo should have been able to overcome the worse defense in decades. I know Orton would have.
  8. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

3,344 Messages
    2,192 Likes Received

And again we don't routinely have pre snap confusion. I provided evidence to the contrary. Your evidence appears to be "just trust me because I have watched football before and I know when there are issues."

No we won't trust you.

And considering this is how I watch football (and all sports)...i'd doubt you watch more of it than I do.

[IMG]
  9. 5Stars

26,756 Messages
    1,821 Likes Received
    Again with the cute "Romo stans"....stay cool. lmao
  10. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

1,635 Messages
    933 Likes Received
    Sorry. Misread...
  11. 5Stars

26,756 Messages
    1,821 Likes Received
    What's new.....

lmao
  12. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,183 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    In addition, I would like to see Romo run for the 1st down and slide when it looks wide open on 3 yds to go etc.......otherwise, I LOVE TONY ROMO!
  13. 5Stars

26,756 Messages
    1,821 Likes Received
    That is a good point. There were times when Romo had some running room for three or four yards. But, it is always better if you can get the ball to one of your playmakers if they are open.
  14. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,496 Messages
    6,046 Likes Received
    now what does this have to do with the thread title bro? you guys are so sensitive. can we stay on topic. i list two improvements and you take it as romo bashing. you'll know when i bash romo bro, this isn't it. there is no reason for you to bring up the defense, stay on topic. do you not notice an inordinate amount of pre-snap confusion with romo at the helm?
    that's not impressive. I have a similar setup, doesn't mean squat. fact is, i have a dozen people in here supporting my theory you have 2 or 3 people who have a history of putting romo above the team. you went from give reasoning why there is more pre-snap confusion (romo having more freedom) to googling stats and claiming it's not out of the ordinary. use two eyes, take off your romo shades and you'll notice a significant difference in how smoothly things were running pre-snap with orton at the helm. you'll notice it around the league.
    TonyS likes this.
  15. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

1,635 Messages
    933 Likes Received
    Misreading ? Not too much...my names not Romo (hardee har har)

This coming from a former Romo apologist.
    5Stars likes this.
  16. 5Stars

26,756 Messages
    1,821 Likes Received
    ---do you not notice an inordinate amount of pre-snap confusion with romo at the helm?

I saw some in some games this year. Romo and Fredrick did a pretty good job this past year.

---you'll notice it around the league.

Now I'm confused....
  17. Staubacher

Staubacher Well-Known Member

2,661 Messages
    2,539 Likes Received
    LOL at the"offense was run so much better without Romo".

The last game featured:

Red Zone fails - psst check Tony's RZ stats this season

Lousy end zone pass to Dez with game on the line- psst Tony and Dez owned that play all year

Same ol' horrible playcalling/game mgmt - psst Tony wasn't coaching the game

Same ol' imbalance of pass/run despite playing a QB who hasn't thrown a meaningful pass in over two years - ohhh, I thought that was all Tony's crazy Peyton wannabe audibles stealing carries from Murray for his own aggrandizement??

Romo wins a game w a broken back keeping them alive, and all the dummies and fake fans can do is post drivel. Orton did his best but he like Romo is saddled w a lousy coach. Plus he just isn't anywhere near as good as Tony. He did get a much better defensive performance than Romo usually did and Tony still posted a winning record and a playoff shot unlike even Drew Brees the year before.

Thank you Kyle for trying. Sorry your effort fell short and is now simply useful as idiot fodder.

And with that folks, I wish you all a Happy New Year. See you in the fall if my stomach settles by then...

Cheers
  18. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,523 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    Only thing Orton had on Tony in that game was those pinpoint throws over the middle to Witten and Williams. We hadn't seen much of that since the Broncos game.
    coult44 likes this.
  19. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

3,344 Messages
    2,192 Likes Received
    So again you won't give any concrete proof to support your assertion.

Noted.
  20. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,473 Messages
    1,137 Likes Received
    Tell us, guys. Which QB would you prefer: Romo or Orton?

Don't beat around the bush now. Answer the question.