1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Two wins in a row!

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Fritsch_the_cat, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Fritsch_the_cat

Fritsch_the_cat Well-Known Member

700 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    Can we be happy about this? "Cause I'm not sure anymore.
  2. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

2,887 Messages
    608 Likes Received
  3. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,353 Messages
    697 Likes Received
    The last 2 wins have kept the Cowboys in the playoff race that's something to be happy about. With the issues this team has let's just be glad they're still in the hunt. Two years ago at this time the Cowboys were done at 3-7 playing out the schedule. Things aren't good right now but it could be a lot worse.
  4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,228 Messages
    2,799 Likes Received
    Yes we can just don't look at who we beat because it might bring you right back down.
  5. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    there is no happiness around here. I won the lottery saturday night but i thought about how i was going to have to pay all those taxes and tossed the ticket in the trash.
  6. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,603 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    I am happy about it.

Makes my Monday mornings much more sober and not so hurting.
  7. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,506 Messages
    901 Likes Received
    24 hour rule.

Forget our record, forget any 2 game win streak.

Find a way, .. any way, to win Thursday.
  8. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,925 Messages
    1,542 Likes Received
    As long as you can keep yourself in the race you have a chance to get things turned around. I saw teams like Philly last season who were playing some of the best football in the league late in the year but were already out of the race. Right now Dallas is in the race and there is still an oppertunity to play to their potential. Cowboys have shown they are capable of playing very good football they just need to bring it for 4 qrts
  9. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,123 Messages
    1,007 Likes Received
    I would not rain on anyone else's parade.

For the fans who are happy, I am honestly happy for them.

But I'm not seeing the good that they are.

And I believe that this win streak is short lived and Friday will bring a much different mindset.

Sorry to be a 'downer', but that's honestly what I think.
  10. Doomsday101

74,925 Messages
    1,542 Likes Received
    I don't pretend to know what will happen. I do know as bad as we can look at time this team also can look very good. They have 6 games remaining and if they can start putting 4 qrts together then they have a real shot to get into the post season. If they continue to play from behind it will be very hard to make it.

I'm happy considering how we have played that we are still in the hunt beyond that I just don't know what will happen with this team.
  11. stasheroo

17,123 Messages
    1,007 Likes Received
    I very much agree with you and that's whay I'm as frustrated as I am. I have seen this team play so much better at times than what we sometimes get. If they ever put it together, they can play with anybody. But 11 weeks into the season and we still can't get any measure of consistancy.

I'm also happy that they still have something to play for.
  12. Doomsday101

74,925 Messages
    1,542 Likes Received
    I agree. I would say last year’s champs where in the same boat last season. I don't assume Dallas will make that type of run or not, I don't know. I don't rely on past season to tell me what will happen this season.

Right now Cowboys put themselves in a spot where they have a chance. We will find out what they do with that chance.
  13. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,365 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    We won two in a row? It feels like we've been on a losing streak.
  14. TTexasTT

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Other than wanting to share that you are anticipating a loss I dont understand your post. I assume that almost every fan us fully aware of all the short comings and misfortune of this team. Being fully aware of these issues and still having a realistic shot at the post season is reason enough for me to be happy.
    It would be awesome if we were 10-0 throwing shut outs and racking up yardage records would obviously be preferred, but 5-5 will do.
    This team really hasnt shown any signs that it can sustain quality football for a whole game but the fact that it has shown that it can play with any team in the league when executing properly gives me hope.
    The Browns and Eagles arent exactly powerhouses but the Skins sure arent either. In fact most of the remaining schedule is against less than elite teams. I cheer for the Boys to continue to make positive strides while taking full advantage of the weak schedule. Beating the odds will make the season more enjoyable.
    Wallowing in the gloom and turning a blind eye to the positives would make for a miserable year. Being a realist and being a fan are two different things.
  15. cowboyfan4life2

cowboyfan4life2 Well-Known Member

1,093 Messages
    175 Likes Received
    We beat a team that has quit on the season, and were life and death to beat a 2-8 team, lets not start up the parade just yet.
  16. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Active Member

517 Messages
    59 Likes Received
  17. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,661 Messages
    422 Likes Received

I cannot even read that.
  18. stasheroo

17,123 Messages
    1,007 Likes Received
    And I'm not trying to ruin that for you. Just expressing my own opinion on the subject.

As I said, nothing wrong with folks being positive or optimistic.

For some people maybe.

I don;t consider them as mutually exclusive.

My fandom does not force me to overlook this team's many warts.
  19. TTexasTT

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    I could never overlook all the gaping holes in this team either. Perhaps this is why I feel good about our position to make a move toward the post season. You are damn sure allowed to have you own feelings about this situation.
    Perhaps Thursday youll see something that will change your stance and youll have atleast a bit more optimism moving forward.
    I dont know about you but a one sided beat down of the Redskins would work wonders for my confidence.
  20. stasheroo

17,123 Messages
    1,007 Likes Received
    I sure hope so!

Believe me I've been looking!

My frustration has reached the point of apathy.

I was so unhappy 'riding the roller-coaster' that I have essentially 'checked-out' and simply watch the games, arms crossed taking whatever comes my way.

Helps my sanity.