1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

Two Years Ago, Mike Iupati Was My Pet Cat

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Hostile, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Hostile

Hostile Persona Non Grata Zone Supporter

119,427 Messages
    3,698 Likes Received
    That is who I wanted in the Draft. I am not unhappy with Dez Bryant.

As much as I liked Iupati and drove people crazy, I like David DeCastro even more. I like him as much as I did Patrick Peterson last year.

Just like I am not unhappy with Tyron Smith from last year, I am not going to be unhappy if we don't have a chance at DeCastro. Really, you have to go all the way back to 2003 to find a first round pick that I was not all that enamored with.

That was Terence Newman and the reason I was not enamored with the pick was because I was so high on Terrell Suggs. I don't believe I have spent the years since beating Newman into the ground or throwing tantrums that we didn't get Suggs who it turns out I was right about.

If by any chance we end up landing my pet cat, I apologize to you all right now, because I am going to be so happy it makes you sick. You have been warned.
  2. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

6,372 Messages
    1,349 Likes Received
    I do recall your Suggs love. I was right there with you. My problem with Newman was his age: He was an old man coming out of college. :D

As for DeCastro, he would be my favorite!
  3. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,899 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    For me 2006 comes way ahead of 2003!
  4. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

3,410 Messages
    395 Likes Received
    I remember your love affair for Suggs back then, and by the time the draft came around you had me convinced!! although Newman in my opinion wasnt close to ever being a bust, you could argue that Trufant was the better corner that year. As far as DeCastro is concerned, im not on board with taking a OG that high.

But at #14....if Ingram, Cox, and Barron are there, i would hae to pick them in that order over DeCastro.
  5. kmd24

kmd24 Active Member

3,436 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I understood the logic, but I really couldn't believe 2004 when Stephen Jackson fell into our lap, only for us to trade back and draft Julius Jones. Jones was not a bad back by any stretch, but for Jackson to be right there and get passed over was really shocking to me.
  6. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    You're leaving out the great LeRon Landry mancrush of 07.
  7. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,859 Messages
    1,024 Likes Received
    Im right there with you. No player in this entire draft makes more sense to me than DeCastro at 14. Thats right, no one.
  8. Nexx

Nexx Well-Known Member

1,664 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    we play against some of the best pass rushing defenses in the NFL here in the NFC East. our oline has to be good to keep romo upright. please draft decastro.
  9. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

4,439 Messages
    1,357 Likes Received
    I don't understand what the point of this thread is...
  10. pupulehaole

pupulehaole Well-Known Member

1,438 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    to warn you =)
  11. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,779 Messages
    379 Likes Received
    Hos, fill out your yearly pet cat list. Some have contributed here:

2003: Suggs - the all-time pet cat
    2004: Stephen Jackson
    2005: Big Mike Williams (the WR)
    2006: Haloti Ngata
    2007: Laron Landry
    2008: Darren McFadden
    2009: ?
    2010: Mike Iupati
    2011: Patrick Peterson
    2012: David DeCastro

I don't tend to have huge pet cats but your guys have done very well as a group with only one real bust in BMW although Dmac and Landry have disppointed due to injury.

I remember being very disappointed when we didn't select Suggs in that first round. Hopefully Jerry has learned - grab the elite pass rusher whenever you can (exception for franchise QB only).
  12. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and brew... Staff Member

21,557 Messages
    2,317 Likes Received
    I really don't think we're gonna pick DeCastro even if he is available.

Just my .02.
  13. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

6,110 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    I'm with Hos but we didn't have a chance at any of those guys. I didn't want Dez, but he still has time to prove me wrong. I want Watt or trade back for a OT last year, but was happy with Smith.
    Aldon Smith was my pet cat last year.

But I knew Dez was going to be the pick I just had that feeling
    Last year I just had a feeling it was going to be Smith.
    This year I have the same feeling about Barron.

I like DeCastro but I think Dallas wants to get an impact player on defense and think they can still find a starting pro bowl type OG at 45.

I think they like Cox the most but don't think he would be there at 45.
    Dallas has options at 45. I think they will get a DE or NT in the 3rd-4th. Getting a NT in the 3rd or 4th will allow them to move Ratliff to DE. Getting a DE in the 3rd or 4th will give them a good depth and rotation at DE. Then they can get a NT later in the draft 5th or 6th to give depth and rotation to the NT.
  14. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

25,816 Messages
    15,584 Likes Received
    I really wish people would get over this.

Well that would be ridiculous. Who does this?