1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tyler Sash...

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by CanuckCowboysFan, Mar 1, 2011.

1. CanuckCowboysFan

CanuckCowboysFan Benched

2,023 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Looked really good in drills. Fluid and can change direction nicely. Wouldn't mind him in the 3rd. He only ran a 4.62 though.

Thoughts?
  2. Macnalty

Macnalty Well-Known Member

1,049 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    From thehuddlereport on Tyler Sash

STRENGTHS
    Tyler is one of the best safeties in this draft. He has good size and speed and has an excellent burst to the ball. He shows quick feet and has very good hands to make an interception. Tyler is a heads up, wrap up, squeeze and drive tackler. He has those natural animal instincts to smell out an opponent's next play before the snap of the ball. He is a leader and coach on the field and makes the players around him better. Tyler does a very good job defending a receiver in a short zone and, with all the blitzing that goes on today, that is all that is needed of a true safety. You can bring Tyler up to the line and use him as a pass rusher or in zone coverage. Tyler does an excellent job coming up to the line to support the run. He is very smart and understand situational football. He is quick, mentally and physically, and, at times, he will make a Troy Polamalu-type impact play -- especially when opponents try to sweep around his side of the defense. Tyler has the ability to slash through the blocking and make a tackle before a running back can turn the corner sometimes forty yards off the ball. That's why I call him Tyler (Slash) Sash -- he reminds me a lot of a bigger Jim Leonard (S Jets).
  3. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,139 Messages
    1,112 Likes Received
    I agree actually. Wasn't a big fan of Sash but he looked good.
  4. Nightshade

Nightshade Active Member

1,811 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Looks great but I think the Cowboys have a bigger need at FS. Ball's gotta go or at least go back to riding the pine.
  5. kevinhickey

kevinhickey Member

322 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Sash looked really good: footwork, hips, change of direction. Can't wait to hear what Mayock has to say about this guy.
  6. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,480 Messages
    648 Likes Received
    Love him in the 4th, in the 3rd I'd say "Eh, ok".