1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tyrann Mathieu?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by yentl911, Jan 6, 2013.

1. yentl911

yentl911 Well-Known Member

1,667 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    The kid is tough, a play maker and I think has been humbled by his recent events. I think he could be a steal and someone that could help this D gain a bit of an attitude and help cause some much needed turnovers. What do you guys think?? Would you take the chance?

We have been needing a playmaking safety for years and this kid could fit the bill. He can play CB as well.
  2. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    I doubt he's been humbled.

He's still relying on his ability to get him an NFL job.

Let him get cut and sit out of the NFL for a year while he stares at a minimum wage job and then we can talk humbled.
  3. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I agree. He is too small to play safety and CB is going to be a struggle. He is not even that good in coverage.
  4. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,859 Messages
    2,082 Likes Received
    No thanks..

We got D'wayne Harris bossing it on punt returns and this guy will take years to develop as a DB.
  5. AmishCowboy

AmishCowboy if you ain't first, you're last

4,366 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    Along with the character concerns, I say no
  6. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

8,019 Messages
    497 Likes Received
    Yeah, he's been humbled, but is that because he's sorry or just that he got caught?

You shouldn't have to toe and cross the line when it's your time to shine. I don't want any part of him.
  7. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

3,934 Messages
    1,195 Likes Received
    http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8818328&categoryid=2378529

Watch this interview. Seems like he really is remorseful and has his head in the right place now. If he's there in the 5th or 6th, I'd definitely snatch him up. He's got a lot of talent. He's a little short at 5'9", but he makes up for some of that with his tenacity and ball skills. At the very worst, he'd be great in nickel and dime situations. Put him on a strict "no trouble" policy and I think he'd be a steal late. It's all about finding gems in the late rounds.
  8. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,064 Messages
    649 Likes Received
    He has no position as others are pointing out. Special teams/return man and dime package is about all I can see. I sure as hell wouldn't leave him 1 on 1 with a NFL WR. No thanks, we learned our lesson with Pacman.
  9. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,133 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    Even if he were a model citizen, I'm not sure if he can play in the NFL at 5'8 or what ever he is. Maybe a special teams player, but I wouldn't draft a special teams player till late, if at all.
  10. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

953 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    If he is there at the 6 th or 7 th I agree... draft the guy
  11. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,447 Messages
    369 Likes Received
    No, no, no, no, no.

If he wasn't humbled enough after getting benched by Les Miles the first time, what makes anyone think he's humbled now?
  12. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    Let the Rams pick him ... headache waiting to happen.
  13. Sifillest

Sifillest Member

474 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    They fared pretty well with Janoris...