1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tyrone Crawford carted off the field (achilles)

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Zordon, Jul 21, 2013.

1. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,357 Messages
    787 Likes Received
    Why do people always say things like, "You didn't pay attention." Yeah dude, I did. The two-deep plus was set, and if you're going to criticize a position, it would be helpful to actually make a point.
  2. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,104 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Yeah, I am all for signing John Abraham if this is a serious injury, which it appears to be.
  3. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

26,637 Messages
    2,778 Likes Received
    Knee jerk second guessing aside, losing Crawford this way really, really stinks.
  4. popp1234

popp1234 Well-Known Member

3,099 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    If it is a tear, I feel bad for the guy. He was working hard this off-seasonI and I was certainly looking forward to seeing more of him this season. All that work and have it come down to a potential career threatening injury during dummy drills, wow!
  5. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

5,223 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    one year deal would be fine.
  6. Cowboy_Shawn

Cowboy_Shawn Active Member

532 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Set with what? A bunch of JAGs.

Aside from our two DEs where exactly were we set?

Ratliff? Ha! The guy will be battling injuries all year long. As usual.

Lissemore. Good luck with that.
    Champsheart likes this.
  7. TheRomoSexual

2,357 Messages
    787 Likes Received
    Spencer - Hatcher - Ratliff - Ware
    Crawford - Liss - Bass - Albright.

Ohhh, I see...you're the type fan who thinks we should have all-pros on the bench. In that case, it's useless to discuss this further.
  8. Zordon

Zordon Infinite Crab Meats...

8,247 Messages
    2,973 Likes Received
    more bad news.....

Charean Williams ‏@NFLCharean 22s
    Apparently Spencer's knee was bothering him, so they are holding him out until they can check it out. He is walking fine and not in pain.
  9. Cowboy_Shawn

Cowboy_Shawn Active Member

532 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    You're right. It's useless to discuss this further with someone who sees no need to improve upon a DL that generated little pressure last year?

Fans always over-value their teams talent.
  10. Zordon

8,247 Messages
    2,973 Likes Received
    is it knee jerk to question the escobar pick? there were dlinemen there. we all agreed heading into the draft that we needed to draft on both sides of the trenches. they only got one player.
  11. TheRomoSexual

2,357 Messages
    787 Likes Received
    Actually, fans always under-value their team's talent. That is especially true for Cowboys fans.
    Care to tell us who you would have drafted? You know, actually put yourself out there instead of just offering blanket criticism. And no one brought up Escobar, so please stop.
  12. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,389 Messages
    673 Likes Received
    I dont question the Escobar pick. I question the DL personnel not be addressed at all in the draft with three starters over 30, with injury histories and another almost 30 they didnt want to pay.
  13. Zordon

8,247 Messages
    2,973 Likes Received
    CyberB0b and RS12 like this.
  14. BobGriffin3

BobGriffin3 Member

42 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Hate the Cowboys obviously, but sorry to hear guys. I never want to see anyone injured regardless of team/division unless its Mike Vick. Time for other guys to step up.
    Wheeltax likes this.
  15. Zordon

8,247 Messages
    2,973 Likes Received
    what do you mean nobody brought escobar? i brought it up. didn't even think about floyd. we needed oline help. the big mistake was drafting escobar.
  16. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

22,350 Messages
    2,832 Likes Received
  17. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,389 Messages
    673 Likes Received
  18. popp1234

popp1234 Well-Known Member

3,099 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    Its that time of year when I just hold my breath.
  19. TheRomoSexual

2,357 Messages
    787 Likes Received
    And, again, you are avoiding suggesting who you would have drafted. Typical.
  20. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

26,637 Messages
    2,778 Likes Received
    Wasnt commenting on Escobar in particular, but In the context of an early season ending injury to a player we were counting on, yeah it's knee jerk to complain that we didn't have even more depth behind him.

Though, I imagine that if it were Hanna who just went down there would be fans knee jerking in the other direction how stupid it would be to build a 12 offense around just two starting quality TEs.

Bottom line, when you lose a talented young player for the season, it affects your team's depth. That's not really a news flash.
    Deep_Freeze likes this.