1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tyson Thompson

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Teague31, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,335 Messages
    565 Likes Received
    ... has begun. BP clearly wants to stash him on the practice squad. Looks like we won't see much more of TT rest of the pre-season. Him not going in after the Barber fumble conviced me.
  2. dallascowboysfan31

dallascowboysfan31 Member

720 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    practice squad. are you kidding. there's no way, because other teams will get to pick him up. i say let thompson go 2nd next game.
  3. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I'm not sure about this.

I think Parcells had to know that if he pulled Barber it really would have screwed with his head.

If we know about Thomspon...so does everyone else.

Madden announced it on TV as well...

There's no hiding players anymore...
  4. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,145 Messages
    290 Likes Received
    Parcells is just looking at the other guys.
  5. Rezz

Rezz Mr. Blonde

268 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dude, there's no way he is gettting on the practice squad....the only reason he didn't play was because he has already made the team. He's just looking at the other to RBs to see who wants to keep.
  6. Jimz31

Jimz31 The Sarcastic One

14,242 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    No way he's on the PS.

My theory is that he's already seen what he needs to from him for the time being, and wants to see more of the other RB's.
  7. doomsday_II

doomsday_II Member

665 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Might be a mind game to see how he handles himself.
  8. Natedawg44

Natedawg44 Active Member

2,598 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Is Parcells trying to hide Tyson Thompson. Its a little late now with Peter King's article and the pub he got on MNF. I have no idea why he didn't play and A-Train (Eddie George reincarnate) continued to get carries.
  9. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

37,740 Messages
    3,936 Likes Received
    Can't hide a guy like that. I think he wanted to test Barber tonite.
  10. followthestar

followthestar Active Member

2,083 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Parcells wanted a change of pace guy, and after the Arizona game i think TT has already made the roster. Now its a race between A train and Barber to see which is the keeper, should JJ miss playing time. A train made a bit of a statement, and his experience shows compared to the rookie. AT becomes the backup while Barber continues to get acclimated. TT is the change-up.
  11. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I think Bill knows Tyson has made it. The real battle is between Barber and Thomas.
  12. Boy's fan in Giant land

Boy's fan in Giant land New Member

775 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We didn't see TT tonight because he's already made the team (barring a total meltdown.) We'll see more of him next week in what will be a very good preview of what we're going to put on the field this season. If he does well then, he's on the team. Imho, after tonight's performance, Barber's closer to the bubble than Thompson is.
  13. numnuts23

numnuts23 Active Member

2,062 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Thats exactly what I was thinking...and the bad news was it did look like he was pretty pissed off on the sidelines. Hopefully he's matured, and won't let this effect him. That was one of the knocks on this guy, and I'm sure Parcells knows this, and is just testing him. IMO
  14. Witten

Witten Member

73 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Barber's continued play in the second half had more to with Barber than Thompson. Parcells is deciding what to do with Barber. Whether to put him on roster (bad for A-train) or put him on PS. Thompson has already made the roster and further evaluation was not needed. A-train or Barber will be odd man out and Barber is PS eligible.
  15. notherbob

notherbob Active Member

2,856 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I think Parcells just didn't want Seattle to get any more tape on the guy...Let them find out about him when they meet in regular season.
  16. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

37,740 Messages
    3,936 Likes Received
    I don't think MB would clear waivers. He played well enough tonite to show he can be a full time RB IMO. He still needs development and I think he'll get the time. Lord I hope so. Parcells may be forced to carry four RBs until he can trade Thomas. That's assuming MB can carry the load.
  17. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,344 Messages
    4,488 Likes Received
    Tonight was about A-Train vs. MB3. Thompson has made the team. BP just needs to know who is #2.
  18. jksmith269

jksmith269 Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995

3,898 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm thinking he held TT out knowing he's already made the team and wanted to see how MB3 and AT played. And except for a few plays I don't think AT played that well....
  19. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,344 Messages
    4,488 Likes Received
    Did you see BP yelling at AT when he fumbled? Yikes!
  20. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,497 Messages
    406 Likes Received
    I could be wrong but I think Tyson Thompson will get his chance next week like Barber did tonight.