1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

U.S. senators make emergency landing in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Doomsday101, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,057 Messages
    3,523 Likes Received
    WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A helicopter carrying three U.S. senators was forced to make an emergency landing in Afghanistan Thursday, military and congressional sources tell CNN.

The military helicopter carrying Democratic Sens. Joseph Biden of Delaware and John Kerry of Massachusetts, and Republican Sen. Chuck Hagel of Nebraska had to land in the mountains because of a snowstorm, said Elizabeth Alexander, a spokeswoman for Biden.

No one was hurt in the incident, said Kerry spokesman David Wade. The senators proceeded to their destination in a ground convoy after the helicopter landed in a field, he said.

"After several hours, the senators were evacuated by American troops and returned overland to Bagram Air base, and left for their next scheduled stop in Ankara, Turkey," Wade added.

Pentagon officials said the incident occurred at approximately 8:30 a.m. ET.

Sen. Biden is the chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. Sens. Kerry and Hagel are members of the committee. Their aides were also on the helicopter. E-mail to a friend
  2. Doomsday101

78,057 Messages
    3,523 Likes Received
    Does this mean John Kerry gets another purple heart? :lmao2:
  3. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

61,092 Messages
    4,432 Likes Received
    Nah...he already has more than bush, rove, cheney and rush combined.:eek: :p: ;)
  4. Doomsday101

78,057 Messages
    3,523 Likes Received
    Keep it up funny man and I'll see to it that you end up on a hunting trip with Cheney. :laugh2:
  5. BrAinPaiNt

61,092 Messages
    4,432 Likes Received
    Only if I can bring Robert Byrd along and paint a target on his back.:laugh2:
  6. Doomsday101

78,057 Messages
    3,523 Likes Received
    Let Nancy Pelosi paint the target on his back and you got yourself a deal. :laugh2:
  7. BrAinPaiNt

61,092 Messages
    4,432 Likes Received
    Deal.

We just got to make sure darth cheney is not so drunk that he misses.:laugh2:
  8. Doomsday101

78,057 Messages
    3,523 Likes Received
    You just hold the paint bucket for Nancy and I'll get Mr. Cheney ready. :lmao:
  9. BrAinPaiNt

61,092 Messages
    4,432 Likes Received
    You don't want me to close too Byrd...I might take him out before Cheney gets steady enough to shoot.

I figure if I destroy the brain or cut off the head it will work...at least it does in most of those walking dead movies.
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    I have a real nasty feeling that Byrd is a Highlander Immortal that died very old and thus only cutting off his head will work.