1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

UCLA S, Rahim Moore in the 2nd Round?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by ThreeSportStar80, Mar 1, 2011.

1. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Bingo.
  2. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Moore is a fundementally sound tackler, he simply needs work in the weight room.

[youtube]Im2SZjMaO2A[/youtube]
  3. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This is exactly what I'm thinking right now.

Then you can still grab Ziemba LG/RT, and DeMarcus Love RG in 3-4. Steve Schilling is another good looking guard.
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,808 Messages
    1,673 Likes Received
    That is where so many so called internet experts blow it. Value is nothing versus getting the players you need to win. Someone worrying about value skipping a player that will get the job done is moronic. what does it matter as long as you pick good players that play well?
  5. AZ_Cowboys_Fan

AZ_Cowboys_Fan Member

516 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I agree 100%. Lets say we don't take Watt and he goes 7-8 picks later and ends up being a great player. People need to stop worrying about value.... besides, I don't see it as a huge reach taking him at #9. If we can trade down and still get him fine.

As an example.... in the 2005 draft just about every team ahead of us probably wishes they had picked Demarcus Ware instead of being concerned with whether or not he was a good value pick.

6. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,566 Messages
    2,947 Likes Received
    Not terribly agressive. Lots of JOP tackles (jump on pile).

He'll need to get bigger. Playing in the Pac-10 is a lot different from the Big XII or SEC.

Then again, not too many people tackle fundamentally in football anymore. Just a lot of body blocks and collisions. That's why I like Ras-I Dowling. Wrap-up tackler.
  7. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not sure how much of that video you watched; there was some of what you were saying, but there were more than a few nice wrap up tackles in space.
  8. te0002

te0002 Member

820 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Agree w/you and that's why I think the Cowboys can wait on him. Dowling had a lot of people talking - but for the worng reasons. He hurt himself (hamstring) at the combine, and this after missing time w/a broken ankle. Not a good start.
  9. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,501 Messages
    675 Likes Received
    Rahim Moore wouldn't have even been a 3rd round pick last year. Some team is gonna reach for him because this S class is terrible, just hope it ain't us.
  10. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,035 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    This safety class is pure garbage.
  11. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,525 Messages
    349 Likes Received
    I think if you count Prince, Peterson, and Aaron Williams this is a pretty damn good class.
    I wish Earl thomas would have stayed in school for one more year.
  12. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,035 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    sure, while we're at it, let's throw in Fairley, Dareus and Jordan and the S class is one for the ages
  13. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,566 Messages
    2,947 Likes Received
    He just broke his ankle in November. I said before he's never really had a chance to heal fully.

With some rest, I think he can be fine. He played with nagging injuries his senior season which led to others.

Mike Woicik can get him healthy!
  14. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,316 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    This response has no substance. supercowboy8's did. There have been predictions of both Peterson and Prince moving to safety.
  15. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,035 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    No. I don't care who may eventually be a safety down the line. I'm talking about the guys who played safety that are in this draft. It's a weak awful garbage class. Bottom line. And who's to say those two guys would be any good at safety anyways? What, because they're so good at their current position that that necessarily means they'll be all-pro at an all new position they haven't played before?

No, I'm not buying that because that's theoretical. What's not theoretical is the fact that this safety class--not DB class, not CB/S class--is not good. So my post stands.
    And your post has no substance.
  16. supercowboy8

5,525 Messages
    349 Likes Received
    thats shows you intelligence. Peterson and Prince and even Aaron Williams have been talked about playing safety. Peterson even said he wouldn't mind playing FS in the NFL at the combine.
    Get your facts and info straight before you comment next time.
  17. supercowboy8

5,525 Messages
    349 Likes Received
    if you know anything about football and have watched them play then you can see they can both make a easy transfer to safety.

Also Rahim moore is just as good if not better in coverage as Patrick Chung, Louis Delmas, and Nate Allen were, all were 2nd round picks. This safety class might not have top tier talent but it does have some very good players.
  18. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,035 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    I know they have. What I am saying--and this is really really really simple so I don't know why there is an argument--is that the players in the 2011 draft, who played safety in college, are not good prospects. That's it.
  19. supercowboy8

5,525 Messages
    349 Likes Received
    Quinten Carter looks like a damn good SS, Rahim Moore looks like a ball hawking FS. Robert Sands will be a good inbox SS, McDaniel will too. Also Deuanta Williams I think is on the same line as Carter, not as big of a hitter but will be a good SS in Ryan 3-4.
  20. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would agree that this year's safety class is not a strong one.