1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

UFC 121: Lesnar vs Velasquez

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by BigWillie, Oct 22, 2010.

1. BigWillie

BigWillie Well-Known Member

1,665 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    This Saturday night, in case you didn't know. One of the better cards in quite a while, IMO.

Predictions?

-----

MAIN CARD

* Champ Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez (for heavyweight title)
    * Martin Kampmann vs. Jake Shields
    * Diego Sanchez vs. Paulo Thiago
    * Matt Hamill vs. Tito Ortiz
    * Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Brendan Schaub

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)

* Ryan Jensen vs. Court McGee
    * Patrick Cote vs. Tom Lawlor

PRELIMINARY CARD (un-aired)

* Sam Stout vs. Paul Taylor
    * Mike Guymon vs. Daniel Roberts
    * Chris Camozzi vs. Dongi Yang
    * Jon Madsen vs. Gilbert Yvel

-----

My predictions ..

Lesnar, TKO, 3rd
    Shields, UD
    Sanchez, UD
    Hamill, UD
    Schaub, TKO, 1st

Some great fighters on this card, but not all of them are guys who are 'finishers'.

Really believe Cain will push Brock, and even test his chin in this fight. Also believe Cain's wrestling and training with Daniel Cormier will allow him to keep this fight off the mat for a bit, but Brock will eventually get him down. Once Brock does get him down, his size, strength and top control will completely overmatch Cain.
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

46,923 Messages
    1,817 Likes Received
    Lesnar will destroy Velasquez leading cowboyjoe to wonder if we should sign him.
  3. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Lesnar is going to hurt Velasquez. Velasques hasn't fought anyone the likes of Lesnar. I would like to see Vela win but I just dont see him overcoming Lesnar's bigger/faster/stronger.

Lesnar is just rediculously fast w/ his size and strength. He's going to get Vela to the ground and pound him into next year.

Lesnar w/ a TKO of Vela in the 3rd sounds about right.
  4. VirusX

VirusX Active Member

1,386 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    I dont think Cain will last past the 2nd, I see lesnar coming out with some Dirty Boxing in this.....
  5. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    :laugh1:
  6. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,145 Messages
    373 Likes Received
    Great card. Wish I was going to see it. I'll have to try and get a live stream on line for this one.

I think Lesnar will win this fight and I think in pretty convincing fashion.
  7. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,554 Messages
    161 Likes Received
    The MMA TV stream on myp2p.eu is pretty much always up and very reliable so as long as you have sopcast you're not going to miss it

Hopefully the Rangers finish off the Yankees tonight so i don't have to make a choice on what to watch tomorrow
  8. BigWillie

1,665 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Bigger and stronger, yes. Faster, no.

Cain has ridiculously fast hands for a HW. If Brock had the hand speed to put together the type of combos Cain did against Nog, I would be convinced that Lesnar is some mad scientists crazy project.

Brock has great speed compared to other guys that big, but not speed compared to guys like Cain, JDS, Kongo, Barry and some others in the division.
  9. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt °¤~Cold Eternal~¤° Staff Member

58,776 Messages
    1,705 Likes Received
    Lesnar in the first or second.

I think the only person that poses him real danger was the guy who almost knocked him out but gassed himself out....Carwin.
  10. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,269 Messages
    1,231 Likes Received
    Saw Lesnar on Sportscenter last night.

Dude looks much more bad *** with the mountain man beard.

Also, they were showing some footage of him training and he looks a lot more cut. Looks to be in great shape.

Should be a good fight.
  11. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

26,870 Messages
    1,134 Likes Received
    Sucks Rampage is a goner and not here to discuss.

Anywho...

I hope Lesnar runs through Cain tonight and I think he will. What a fight card.

Kampmann vs Shields is going to be epic too.
  12. BlueBandit

BlueBandit Benched

508 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What is your take on this sport? is it a sport? is it too barbaric? some of thsse matches with 3 rounds of rolling around are quite boring , some are quick shot KO's and submissions.

I'll be watching tonite my buddy is getting it but I'm not sure I love this stuff.

You?
  13. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,554 Messages
    161 Likes Received
    What happened to him, what did i miss?
  14. Cover 2

Cover 2 Pessimists Unite!!!

3,117 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    When you understand the ground aspect of MMA, it's not boring when they're just rolling around. Unless it's Jon Fitch then it still is boring.
  15. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

26,870 Messages
    1,134 Likes Received
    Not sure. Just heard he got perma banned.
  16. VirusX

VirusX Active Member

1,386 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Doubt after the Steroid ring thing Carwin will fight anymore...
  17. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,145 Messages
    373 Likes Received

Wait...seriously? I thought this was a temporary thing. They actually banned him for good?

Man that sucks.
  18. BigWillie

1,665 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    At one time, I thought the same as you.

My first trip into the world of BJJ was only by accident. Went to a class with a friend who was pestering me to check it out and try it. Was watching him roll with the instructor, and saw him get tapped while under side mount by something I didn't even realize was happening. He came off a bit exhausted and I had to tease him a bit, until he asked the instructor to put a Gi on me and do the same to me.

About 30 seconds later, I got my first introduction to what a Lapel Choke was. :laugh1:

Like anything, if you just watch it and don't understand what is really going on, then it's tough to appreciate.

If you've ever had your girlfriend or any woman around who doesn't watch or understand football, you know what I mean. "Why does that little guy always run into the pile? Are they not smart enough to run around the pile to get away from everyone?" :shoot6:
  19. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,044 Messages
    873 Likes Received
    Is there a link to a stream?

I like Velasquez, but have been saying that if Lesnar is on no one can beat him.
  20. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,044 Messages
    873 Likes Received
    Wow. Is anyone even watching?