1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

UFC 148 Thread - Silva vs Sonnen II

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by TheCount, Jul 7, 2012.

1. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,293 Messages
    1,244 Likes Received
    Some good fights on the card, but obviously the rematch is what everyone is watching for.

Who do you have? Hard not to take the champ considering Sonnen already gave it his best shot. I don't know if I can imagine either one of these guys getting knocked out but I also don't think Silva will win a decision against Sonnen.

That means for my money it's either Silva by Submission or Sonnen by Decision... I'll take the champ in the 4th by arm bar.

If it goes to decision then Sonnen is the new champ and Silva probably gets an immediate rubber match... if he wants it.
  2. pupulehaole

pupulehaole Well-Known Member

1,427 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    I can't wait for this fight. I really don't like either of them but damn it's gonna be an awesome one to watch.
  3. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,405 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    Really looking forward to this fight as well. What is better then watching two guys who hate each other duke it out.
  4. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,094 Messages
    489 Likes Received
    I think this whole thing will be pretty anti climactic and Silva KO's him in the 2nd.
  5. nablives

nablives Active Member

811 Messages
    130 Likes Received

Same here. I think the trash talk has been fun, but when reality hits, I think Silva gets the win.
  6. MFWitt63

MFWitt63 Member

97 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I'm pumped about this fight, it's going to be completely different from their first one. there's alot more to this rivalry than ppl know. in Silva vs Sonnen 1, Silva and Dana were going at it bc in his previous fight he got in trouble for showboating and dancing around the octagon, and Dana was saying if he ever did that crap again he was out of the UFC. at the time i was doing some fighting myself, and my coach said it looked like to him that Silva was just toying with him and trying to make the fight last the full 5 rounds to appease Dana, and then in the last 2 minutes he slid a triangle on and finished it. I'm not sure if that's the case, but its interesting...i think Silva will destroy him before the 3rd round.
  7. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,586 Messages
    2,243 Likes Received
    UFC weigh ins are the lamest thing I've ever seen.

They go face to face and pose like morons.

Silver shoulder checks Sonnen and Dana White jumps in like he could stop these two guys from fighting if they wanted to.
  8. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,603 Messages
    1,190 Likes Received
    Only because Silva wants to toy with him. If he doesn't, I think Silva finishes him in the first round.

I'm hoping, though, that it's an epic war.
  9. IAMKING

IAMKING Benched

1,253 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    anybody have a stream link?
  10. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,094 Messages
    489 Likes Received
    i can probably find one later if i am still awake might just watch this tomorrow though
  11. Letemburn

Letemburn Member

790 Messages
    5 Likes Received
  12. romomania

romomania Active Member

560 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    first row site seems to be down right now. any other link?
  13. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,525 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    Can't say I'm surprised with outcome although during the first round Sonnen had me momentarily thinking that a repeat of the first fight was possible.
  14. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    Beat him down. Then invited him to a house party/bbq. LOL.
  15. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't know if I've ever seen someone more gifted in the art of *** kicking than Silva. The guy was born to fight other human beings.
  16. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,405 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    When ground and pound guys cant get the take down they look pathetic. He caught Silva off guard in the first, but Silva was having none of it in the 2nd.

What is up with Forrest running out of the ring after his fights? He is an odd dude.
  17. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,293 Messages
    1,244 Likes Received
    He caught Silva off guard? He did in the first what he did for 4 and a half rounds in the first fight. :laugh2:

The good thing about Sonnen's brand of wrestling is that he is active while on top. The bad thing is that he rarely does enough damage to actually win the fight. In the first fight, other than a bloody nose, Silva didn't even look like he'd been getting beat up for almost 25 minutes.

Last night was weird, I can't say I saw Silva land that kill shot that made Sonne cower and force the ref to step in. Even when he had him down and he was throwing shots, few of them landed.

I'll have to rewatch it, but the fact remains that Silva once again proves he's the best to ever do it. I wonder how much longer this guy can fight, it's incredible.
  18. nablives

nablives Active Member

811 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    Was this not the most predictable ending ever? I mean, everyone had to know Sonnen was losing last night, right?
  19. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,977 Messages
    474 Likes Received
    I'm really not an MMA fan at all; but I do love watching Anderson Silva fight. That guy is awesome.
  20. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,094 Messages
    489 Likes Received
    This fight went exactly as i thought it would. I can't even begin to describe how stupid Sonnen was for chasing him around the ring in the 2nd and trying for a spinning back fist,.. c'mon :facepalm: