1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Uh oh, it's that time..

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Chris in Arizona, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

3,648 Messages
    504 Likes Received
    College football started last weekend, the NFL today, which means it's time for mocks! As always praise or critique mine and feel free to post your own.

1. Stefen Wisniewski C/G 6'3" 298 Penn State - We drafted his Uncle Steve and traded him to the Raiders. This Wisniewski we keep.
    [IMG]
    2. Kendric Burney CB 5'9" 190 North Carolina - First round talent in a 5 foot 9 frame. Will be ideal nickelback and slot corner.
    [IMG]
    3. John Moffitt G 6'4" 323 Wisconsin - More much needed OL help.
    [IMG]
    4. Graig Cooper RB/WR 6'0" 205 Miami - If healthy or even almost healthy this guy is a steal in the 4th round. He's Reggie Bush without the pricetag or NCAA violations. The Cowboys can afford to be patient with Felix Jones and Tashard Choice manning the position.
    [IMG]
    5. Phil Taylor NT 6'4" 352 Baylor - I like Josh Brent but I'd still like that big, run-stuffing NT who can give Ratliff a few plays off and come in against the run. Plus, you have to admire a 350-pound man bold enough to wear #11.
    [IMG]
    6a(from Miami). Greg McElroy QB 6'2" 225 Alabama - His dad is the Senior VP of Sales for the Cowboys so I think they draft him here if he's still available. Could push McGee in training camp.
    [IMG]
    6b. Brandyn Thompson CB 5'10" 180 Boise State- Another CB but this a position of need with only 3 CB's on the roster.
    [IMG]
    7(from San Diego) Jah Reid T 6'7" 324 UCF - Low risk pick here on this huge tackle.
    [IMG]
  2. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not bad at all. Wiz is one of my favorites, but I don't think we'll take him. Colombo is close to done and Davis could be a cap cut. Can't replace them and Gurode all at the same time.

Unless we resign Spears I think we go DE in one.

No way in the world do we go CB in 2.

We don't need a NT now way, no how.

McElroy will definitely be in my mock.
  3. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I love Wis - I mean its time we had a quailty C

Moffitt

I like this kid G/C Steve Schilling Mich 6-5 #297

I like me at QB Mitch Mustain

like the RB

Ras-I Dowling Vir 6-2 #200 FS/CB
  4. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,591 Messages
    531 Likes Received
    More O-line prospects please..:D
  5. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why wouldn't we go CB in the 2nd
    Newman is 32

Young for Columbo
    Brewster for Davis
    Moffitt for Kosier
  6. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    OT

Anthney Costanzo BC 8-7 #300 rd 1-2
    Chris Haiston Clemson 6-7 #325 rd 7 but should climb up
    Demarcus Love Ark 6-5 #315 rd 1-2
    Derek Sherrod Miss ST 6-5 #305 rd 2
    Clint Boling Georgia 6-5 #315 rd 2

OG

Steve Schilling Mich 6-5 #297 rd 4-5
    Anthony Morgan OK St 6-5 #320 rd 6-7
    Benjamin Ijalana Vill 6-4 #320
  7. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

3,648 Messages
    504 Likes Received
    Thanks for all of the feedback.

Last year my biggest pet cats were Taylor Mays, Eric Berry, Dez Bryant, and AOA. This year my guys are Stefen Wisniewski, North Carolina's Deunta Williams, USC's Stanley Havili and Ronald Johnson, and the safety from Oklahoma, Quinton Carter. Carter is a bit of a sleeper. He has a 37-inch vertical leap and benches 345-pounds. I see him as a very athletic strong safety type even though he plays free safety for the Sooners. His name (sounds too much like Quincy Carter) scares me though.

I will probably include Havili in most of my mocks. He is going to be a dangerous fullback in the league. I didn't include him in this one because I want to see how Chris Gronkowski works out. You wouldn't think we would need to look at WR but if free agent Sam Hurd leaves and Roy is let go because of his contract then we would suddenly need some depth.
  8. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    my FB sleeper is of cousre this depends on how Gronk

FB Anthony Sherman Conn 5-11” #240

[IMG]

Keep a close eye on the fullback class in this year’s upcoming draft as there are a slew of nasty lead blockers and gifted/versatile athletes who could all end up winning starting gigs at some point at the next level. However, one guy who really showed well for himself this weekend was Connecticut’s Anthony Sherman. Sherman displayed good power on contact and has the ability to quickly locate his target, gain leverage at the point and create a push as a lead guy. But, what was even more impressive to me vs. Michigan this week was his ability to get out in space, reach defenders off his frame and seal with such poise and body control. Now, fullbacks never get a ton of love on draft day, but he is a guy worthy of a later-round pick if you need a new lead blocker
  9. The Realist

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Newman is a young 32 and long term I think AOA's best chance is at CB.

If Ball excels at FS where does AOA play?

If Ball fails at FS I think Hamlin has a very good chance there.

Both scenarios AOA is a CB.
  10. The Realist

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How did you come up with an extra 6?

I thought we flip flop 6's with Miami if we win more games then they do.

I do think we will end up getting a 6 from SD though.

Reports are if Crayton catches more than 40 catches we get a 6.
  11. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,042 Messages
    270 Likes Received
    gotta agree with you. If Spears walks, we'll go DE. And there's no need to go NT. At all. Personally I'd love a draft that starts with Allan Bailey in the first and Michael Poncey in the 2nd.
  12. The Realist

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Where are you going to use Pouncey?

Guard or center?

I prefer a 3-4 DE that can get up the field.

Love Christian Ballard DT/DE Iowa. 6-4/300, runs 4.85.

I prefer my 3-4 DE's to be use to playing DT. Use to playing in traffic vs playing in space like a DE.

I know Bailey played some DT but he's a natural edge guy.