1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Unbelievable... XBOX Freezes after 4 months

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by TheCowboy, Jul 11, 2011.

1. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,557 Messages
    582 Likes Received
    My XBOX is freezing after every game I put in... The worst part is that it is only 4 months old. I don't even think I will bother sending it to XBOX.

After this I can say with confidence PS3 is better.
  2. Aikmaniac

Aikmaniac Well-Known Member

4,185 Messages
    176 Likes Received
    If you're willing to not take advantage of Microsoft's service and give away $300 (depending on the particular system you bought), that's up to you.

It's frustrating but I would make the call if it was me.
  3. TheKey

TheKey Faster than Felix

2,639 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    Send it to me if you're done with it.
  4. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,274 Messages
    1,219 Likes Received
    Yeah, maybe you should have a contest for it or something if you're gonna just throw it out. I'm sure there are plenty of people willing to deal with customer service for a free xbox, myself included.
  5. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,906 Messages
    1,371 Likes Received
    Man what do you do with your XBOx? I've had mine for well over a year now and I've had zero issues with it.

Do you keep it cool? Is it in a place where nothing is coving up any part of the vents? How long are you playing on it every day?

I mean I play mine anywhere from 2-8 hours at a time, depending on the day and the game and what I've got going on and such.
  6. cowboys#1

cowboys#1 Finish!

2,409 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    user error
  7. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,012 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    xbox hardware is a crapshoot. Ive had 3.

1st xbox was a launch unit. Was really loud, got really hot, and I was convinced it was going to die. So i gave it away to a friend of mine. It's still working.

2nd xbox, I bought an Elite (one of the good chipsets) that supposedly solved all the redring issues. It died a year later.

3rd xbox, bought one of those nice new slims. I've probably turned it on 5 times since I bought it in Dec 2010.
  8. couchscout

couchscout Member

708 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This is why I refuse to buy an XBOX. These things just go out on their own, and somehow people keep buying them, and even more incredibly, Microsoft keeps selling them! I have a really hard time seeing how anyone could even think about buying one of those things, you're just helping Microsoft not lose money on one of the biggest mistakes they've ever made.
  9. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'd buy another....I still have an original launch 360....going strong. My PS3 is strictly for Blu-Ray use or if I ever get around to buying the new Grand Turismo.

One pissed off person on a message board sure as hell isn't going to sway my experience....
  10. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I've had mine for almost 2 yrs and it has frozen maybe twice. The only problem I have ever had was the hard drive was too small.
  11. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,023 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received

Thats incredible.
  12. couchscout

couchscout Member

708 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Hahahah, I'm not even remotely pissed off. I don't and never have owned a 360. I have numerous friends who've had them though, and all of them have had to go through weeks of not being able to play while it was sent back to Microsoft for "repair". I put repair in quotations, because they don't actually fix it, you're just as likely to experience the same issue again even after they "fix" it.

Either way, I chose my system because of the exclusives, but CATCH17 is right, you still having your launch 360 is absolutely amazing!
  13. Alumni2k11

Alumni2k11 Old Dominion University (Class of 2011)

1,050 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I had 4 go bad on me (in a 2 year period) before switching to PS3.
  14. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I've always found the XBOX to be a bit annoying, both the original and the 360. It just seems like they freeze and break so much more often than the Playstations do. I've had a Playstation, PS2 and PS3 and never once had a system break or freeze (I've had games freeze but it always turned out to be a dirty/damaged disk) whereas my XBOX and 360 both gve out inside a year. I play Playstation exclusively now because of it.
  15. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,082 Messages
    487 Likes Received
    You're just unlucky, the new models don't have the same problem the old once had. I had mine break 3 time before MS finally just gave me a new one, which worked out well for me since i had a launch model without the HDMI socket
  16. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,557 Messages
    582 Likes Received
    I am not going to throw it out of give it away. I am going to keep playing it until it is ABSOLUTELY broken.

As for what I do with it I am a heavy gamer cause I have nothing to do during the day. About 6 hours a day playing XBOX. Even the elite to be honest is nothing special.
  17. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Maybe your xbox is trying to tell you to go outside and get some exercise? ;)
  18. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,557 Messages
    582 Likes Received
    Maybe but that's what I do when I don't have football practice! I know, its bad right. lol
  19. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Yea, the original 360's are pretty hit or miss. My first one lasted over 2 years, my second one didn't even last over the 7 day return period lol.

I'd either go for one of the slim's.. in which the hardware is much better and they fixed most of the issues it has so it will most likely last longer, or just make sure you get a warrenty if you're sticking with the original 360's.

As far as the gaming experience overall though, i think the 360 is head and shoulders above PS3. No doubt on that.
  20. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,384 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    4 months isn't something to get upset about. It'll be fixed for free...if you're smart. Electronics usually go bad during their warranty period or after a long time. You just got unlucky and got a bad unit. There are plenty of ps3 owners who had the same thing happen, and many other electronics too.

Now if your ps3 dies after a year you're screwed, if the xbox goes, you're still good. Microsoft had a big problem with their earlier versions of the system, but they made up for it. Nowhere else are you gonna get 3 years without paying for it.