Unrealistic Cowboys fans blame Romo

Discussion in 'Rant Zone' started by DallasDW00ds0n, May 30, 2014.

1. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,776 Messages
    690 Likes Received
    I'm tired of running into "Cowboys fans" who immediately tell me that "For the Cowboys to win, they need to dump Romo."

Stats should not even be needed, you have to be looking at a really small picture and have a really short memory to come to that answer. You either are brainwashed by the Ed Werder's of the world or you JUST became a fan in 2007.

I have a hard time believing you watch every game and know the team. I ran into another "Boys fan" today and he blurted this out immediately and when I disagreed it was as if he thought Im the ONLY Romo believer left. At the same time this guy couldn't tell me 5 guys names on defense outside Lee.

Have we already forgotten what it is like living without a QB that can consistently put the ball in the endzone? I remember being thrilled the first time Bledsoe threw 300 yards.
  2. DoctorChicken

DoctorChicken Well-Known Member

1,626 Messages
    1,927 Likes Received
    inb4rantzone
    dstovall5, JoeyBoy718 and TheCowboy like this.
  3. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

22,446 Messages
    12,187 Likes Received
    I the first thing someones mentions about the Cowboys is Romo, then I don't pay any attention to anything they have to say.
    guag, Aikmaniac, BIGDen and 17 others like this.
  4. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

29,626 Messages
    6,306 Likes Received
    As Belichick once said (and Staubach and Aikman, etc,etc) fans like that are a great football IQ filter.
    End the conversation when they go there because it's like looking at an idiot spouting the n word 100 times or like someone who thinks we never went to the moon...etc.
    Not worth your time.
  5. casmith07

casmith07 Attorney-at-Zone

29,891 Messages
    5,560 Likes Received
    I agree with xwalker.
    CowboyMike likes this.
  6. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

10,278 Messages
    4,911 Likes Received
    In the future if you have this important an original thought, I would make 2 threads in case someone misses one

Just FYI
    DallasDW00ds0n and JoeyBoy718 like this.
  7. 38 Special

38 Special Member

63 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    Hell, I remember being thrilled when Quincy Carter threw for 200. Funny thing is that as bad as QC was, the record with Hutchinson et al was so much worse. :confused:
    Carl23 likes this.
  8. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

5,139 Messages
    1,366 Likes Received
    Hey, another Romo thread.
    Wayne02, DallasDW00ds0n and Alexander like this.
  9. theSHOW

theSHOW Benched

3,490 Messages
    1,146 Likes Received
    Romo is the leader of the team.
    kristie likes this.
  10. brymatt94

brymatt94 Well-Known Member

710 Messages
    580 Likes Received
    Yeah, definitely wouldn't call these people "fans". More like people who like to make themselves miserable.
  11. Animosity

Animosity Active Member

452 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    unrealistic cowboy fans think Romo (especially at his age) can win us a Super Bowl.. despite having one playoff win in 8 years.
  12. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

5,139 Messages
    1,366 Likes Received
    But hey, he won that playoff game in style.
  13. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

62,427 Messages
    14,543 Likes Received
    That curls my toenails also.
    DallasDW00ds0n likes this.
  14. da_whiz_kid

da_whiz_kid Active Member

935 Messages
    158 Likes Received
    Something tells me this will be an argument about Romo. A novel discussion. I'm curious to see who will argue what side and what evidence each side will bring to the discussion. Hopefully an informing exchange of thoughts. Then again this could be a thread about Tyrone Crawford and it will go all pokemon on us and evolve into a Romo discussion.

I'm assuming everybody's favorite past time involves a wooden club and a deceased mare.

Yea I know "don't like it, don't comment" but I like to be entertained. Dance monkey dance!

Oh look a soapbox!

But I do agree to an extent.
    DallasDW00ds0n likes this.
  15. DoomsDayD

DoomsDayD Well-Known Member

1,987 Messages
    227 Likes Received
    I BELIEVE IN ROMO!!!!! I think in another 10-15 years he just might get us that "BIG" win we are all seeking!!!!
    DallasDW00ds0n and Animosity like this.
  16. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

4,097 Messages
    3,139 Likes Received
    Tony Romo can NEVER get you the big win you're seeking. But the Dallas Cowboys can.
    DoomsDayD, lostar2009 and Vanilla2 like this.
  17. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

29,626 Messages
    6,306 Likes Received
    Now that they are back to building a team from the inside out, like they're supposed to be built, the next QB after Romo should be walking Into a pretty sweet situation.
    Oh well
    guag, tideh20heel and birdwells1 like this.
  18. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    They arent unrealistic they're just unknowing and short on the types of things that let you figure stuff out. It's a true sign of really not knowing what kind of QB's have won a SB in the past and trying to fill in the blanks with bondo or styrofoam instead of intelligence and knowledge. This is how they fill in all the blanks between espn and taking a dump.
    [IMG]
  19. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Benched

1,469 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    I can see Room doing better on another team and wish it happened for his sake and to make it more obvious Cowboys have bigger issues. No, I don't think he's up with Peyton, Brady, etc.
  20. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

4,314 Messages
    2,721 Likes Received
    Arguing with an idiot only proves they're two!
    DandyDon1722 and DallasDW00ds0n like this.