1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Update: Gary Guyton released for CB Vince Agnew off practice squad (Post #5)

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 9, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,549 Messages
    3,399 Likes Received
    Posted 4 hours ago
    By Jonathan Auping

IRVING, Texas - Gary Guyton[IMG] spent his first four seasons with the New England Patriots. He grew accustomed to a certain expectation of winning. He also grew accustomed to playing football for a living.

But when the Patriots chose not to bring Guyton back for the 2012-2013 season, he found himself looking for a job. But he knew that his experience, 229 tackles and 3 fumbles would come in handy for an NFL team eventually.
    “I was just preparing myself,” Guyton said. “You never know what can happen.”

And sure enough, the Cowboys found themselves in need of a linebacker. After the season-ending injury to Sean Lee[IMG], the Cowboys also suffered injuries to Orie Lemon[IMG] (placed on the IR) and Dan Connor[IMG]. So this week they brought in Guyton.

“You just get the call and be ready to go,” Guyton said. “So I got the call saying ‘come in for a work out’ and I came and now I’m a Cowboy.”

Read the rest: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...-Eagles-/453b2884-7822-4643-b46e-41f8a3d5af1c
  2. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,316 Messages
    108 Likes Received
    Signed this week and already of the field.:bang2:
  3. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,521 Messages
    960 Likes Received
    I cannot speak for this player, but I like the addition of veteran players like this as replacements for injured players rather than constantly hoping these low round or undrafted players will turn out to be a stars. I like seeing our young players play and get real game experience, but right now this team is in a must-win situation for the rest of the year so we need to fill those injured spots with players who already have a lot of real game experience.

#reality
  4. Tezz

Tezz Member

358 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Gary Guyton released for CB Vince Agnew off practice squad
  5. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,558 Messages
    23 Likes Received
  6. Reality

11,521 Messages
    960 Likes Received
    The Mike "Ceramic" Jenkins factor returns!

#reality
  7. DezBRomo9

DezBRomo9 Formerly joshjwc9 Zone Supporter

1,595 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    We should have just IR'ed Matt Johnson and be done with trying to get him on the field this year and stuck with Guyton. Although I bet Guyton will be back next week.
  8. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Active Member

972 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    so what was the point of even signing him? to make room for a CB from the PS? :confused:
  9. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,208 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    When they signed Guyton, the staff did not know Jenkins would be a question-mark for Sunday. Now, the need for a DB is greater than for a LB.
  10. Reality

11,521 Messages
    960 Likes Received
    It's Jenkins remember :D They should keep an open roster spot 24/7 for his replacement and maybe one for Felix too. :)

#reality
  11. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

12,853 Messages
    606 Likes Received
    I would agree if we were competing ths year.

We are not. And should be evaluating our players and seeing what some of the young guys can do.
  12. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,923 Messages
    5,574 Likes Received
    I agree we can't compete this year. You agree we can't compete this year. The team can't approach the last 8 games like that sitting at 3-5. They just can't. You have to scratch and claw until you are officially out of it.
  13. dillinger319

dillinger319 Striped Leopard

815 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Try telling an owner who is.full of himself, a coach who is fighting for a job and a team that regardless of their record that they can mot compete for the final 8 games... If we beat Philly were back in this.
  14. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

12,853 Messages
    606 Likes Received

I'm not saying bench starters and play young guys.

But... When someone goes down injured, turn a pup loose. See what happens. See if they are worth keeping.

Veteran JAGs can be found if you are trying to make a push.
  15. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

10,879 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    This.
  16. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,373 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    Guyton gets a per diem, not a game check?
  17. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,233 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    Making sure they have what's needed this week...these two guys are not in demand...no big deal...they can easily resign Guyton next week if desired...it's not like we're going to lose a key player to another team.
  18. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great bass players Staff Member

35,442 Messages
    2,791 Likes Received
    That was painfully truthfully cruel. :D
  19. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

8,892 Messages
    868 Likes Received
    Are you his agent? :laugh2: