1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Update: McCain/Palin volunteer lies about being mugged, "B" carved into face

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by ThaBigP, Oct 23, 2008.

1. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D940EL380&show_article=1

Now...couple of strange scenarios...what if she's faking? I heard the cops are trying to review the security tape...what if it shows no mugging?

People have murdered their children and blamed it on "black guys" who "kidnapped" them during a "car jacking"...only for the kids to later turn up at the bottom of a lake, still in the car the mom pushed into the lake. So it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

Now, if it's fake...was she a "plant", a secret Obama supporter trying to cause a PR nightmare just before the election? Or just a nutty McCain supporter. Heh. Sorry, just got my tinfoil hat ironed and wanted to try it on.:D ....or hell, it just might even be true.
  2. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    A lot of crazies out there. And then look at how the left has demonized conservatives and republicans and Bush for years. So it could be true.
  3. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,822 Messages
    2,038 Likes Received
    O'Reilly discussed this story today, and he expressed incredulity.

The woman claims that someone cut a "B" (presumably, for Barack) into her face with a knife; however, although there is a "B" marked into her face, the wound isn't consistent with a knife injury.
  4. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I have my doubts. The "B" looks like a rather nicely carved "B" - not the chicken scratch you'd expect to get trying to carve a "B" into a thrashing victom trying to protect their face.

Refused medical attention after the attack - she said she'd go later...:confused: ??

We'll find out soon enough. By the way, I've scoured all the stories, and the only original source I've seen indicating she was a McCain volunteer was a comment by friends to reporters. Weird.
  5. burmafrd

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    Might not have been a knife- might have been that very efficient tool the box cutter......

Yeah, its probably not true, but I wonder how much the MSM would address it if it were? Probably not at all. UNLESS it was a McCain supporter doing it to a Obama supporter- or what the MSM would love even more a Palin supporter doing it.
  6. Hypnotoad

Hypnotoad Active Member

4,648 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This is just sad. :( Pray the best for her.

While this election brought out the worst in some people, it has also brought out the best in others. While some people try to divide and create fear and hate, there are others who are bringing everyone together.

Don't let this one sick act tarnish the process for you.

Edit: I was reading more about this found a right wing blog and they think its fishy. B was carved backwards something not evident if done on a mirror. The knife cut was not deep, and was more like a scratch. The official police report said that she returned to the scene of the crime with a friend to call the police and she refused medical attention. And a police officer (unrelated) said it doesn't pass the smell test and questioning it is acceptable since there are many hate crimes false claims that get reported. Claims like this is serious and can get your prosecuted for obstruction or filing a false claim. Either way, if true it was a sick act.
  7. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    True or not, violence could be coming from the side that loses. Then of course you get retaliation. Not since the 60's early 70's have we been this volatile in American.
  8. burmafrd

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    WIth all the hate stirred up by supporters, why should anyone be surprised?
    As I pointed out, Bush has been demonized by the Left for years? This sort of garbage tends to have a cumulative effect.
  9. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received

McCain did a whole lot of demonizing of Bushy today.
  10. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,854 Messages
    105 Likes Received
  11. burmafrd

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    Well I doubt she is smart enough or disciplined enough to beat the polygraph.
  12. Hypnotoad

Hypnotoad Active Member

4,648 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    She apparently blogged events before the incident happened:

The smoking gun has a screenshot of her twitter page.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/1023083twitter1.html

The blog is now locked. Also her MysFace has a quote saying:

In addition her twitter blog also says:

Pattern of lying?

It said on her blog she was wandering around looking for a Bank of America, but there is no bank of America in Pittsburgh. Also, if she could blog during her drive why didn't she just go to a map site and look for directions and find out there is no BoA 100 miles around her?

In related news:

Pittsburgh police will administer a polygraph test in the morning.
    ATM data is inconsistent with her story.

I am very intrigued.
  13. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,854 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    If she was making it up, I guess I don't really understand what she thinks she was going to accomplish with this.

Now, she's just going to end up with a criminal record and an entire nation's attention on the fact that she totally made it up.
  14. burmafrd

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    Like I said probably false. BUT they do say truth is stranger then fiction....
  15. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    If someone had a knife to your face, you'd be flailing like mad.
    The only way to carve legible letters into an unwilling human is to kill them first.

And the B is backwards. Like Morton Downey's Swastika.
  16. NinePointOh

NinePointOh Active Member

1,538 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    That's what stuck out to me, too. I don't know whether it's true or not, and it's certainly disgusting either way, but how in the world can a person have such precisely fine motor skills to carve a perfect 'B' into the flesh of a flailing victim and yet not even know which way a B is supposed to face?
  17. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,854 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    I had to take a polygraph before I was hired at my current job. I've never been so nervous in my life. It's not that I was hiding anything, but it's the thought that maybe my brain/body would betray me and peg me as a liar. It's not just that, but they sit you in a chair facing a wall, they wrap this cord around your chest to measure your breathing and they attach sensors to the end of a couple of your fingers.

Then the guy asking questions seems to always write something down whenever you'd answer. Scares the hell out of you thinking he thinks you're a liar.

It ended up fine though. :D
  18. Thanos68

Thanos68 Benched

255 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You all better stop this..before the Cajun guy comes and tells you how you liberal wackoos are making light of this situation and how disgusting you all are. You all really should raise your standards to that of those angelic right wing republicans you know.
  19. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,876 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    This incident falls under the heading of bizarre, and frankly a sad commentary that this is defined as a political issue.:(
  20. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,878 Messages
    2,120 Likes Received
    I know what you mean. I took one a long time ago before taking a job. I hated it and the more question the guy asked me the more aggravated I got because I felt I was on trail.