1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Update on Miles?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by rojan, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    We should probably cut him loose then.

We can use that money better elsewhere. This is especially true if Dez turns it on and goes through an offseason without a run-in with the police or legal system.

I don't know if it's a coincidence but his play has improved since the PR duties were moved on to Harris. Maybe the extra attention needed to play PR was interfering with his ability to be a WR?
  2. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I love Austin

your making an assumption

based on what ?

how many actual games has he missed ?

over his career ?
  3. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,107 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    If the right pieces are available in free agency that will help this team tremendously, then it would be an easy call for him to be a cap casualty & use that nearly 7 mil to get some nice o-line or d-line help
  4. zack

zack Well-Known Member

2,087 Messages
    274 Likes Received
    He doesn't have the same burst. He fumbled in Carolina too, remember. He just doesn't seem to be the same player as he was a couple years ago.
  5. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,974 Messages
    768 Likes Received
    Likely sitting on the bench collecting a big salary because he was the 'supposed' #1 WR on this team.

He's only been a #1 one time so far in his career and the rest has been very up and down.

And it now appears, though it's still too early to know for sure, that Dez is beginning to put himself as the clear #1 that most believed he would become when he was drafted.

As much as that will just kill poor R2A's feelings.
  6. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,761 Messages
    3,436 Likes Received
    Maybe he can't run as well because his hamstrings are bothering him. :p:
  7. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,494 Messages
    358 Likes Received
    wonder if miles will every be the same. His hammies seem to go quick. He never going to run full speed because he is going to be too scared to mess up his hammy again. He did it all season. Jogging for deep balls and etc. "lost it in the lights".

Before Miles signed the contract he was a beast that year. This is why I don't like signing one year wonders to big contracts. Make him prove he can do it again. Which so far he hasn't shown.
  8. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,433 Messages
    387 Likes Received
    Annointing oil is flowing out of the faucets at Jarry Ranch.
  9. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,107 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    yeah 3 fumbles throughout his career like he said... fumbles are the least of my concerns with Miles, db's do make good plays.. Dez on the other hand, it's always a concern lol
  10. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,372 Messages
    840 Likes Received
    He is credited with one fumble this year.

Use facts if you wish to make a point.
  11. zack

zack Well-Known Member

2,087 Messages
    274 Likes Received
    I am a little critical of him from this year and last year. He gave up on the pass in the Giants game last season and he did it again against the Browns this year. Then all the pundits say the QB overthrew him.

We are all on the same team here. I do like Miles but he doesn't seem to be the playmaker like he used to be. So he has been credited with one fumble this year, I thought it was more. Thankfully he didn't get called for one in the Browns game. I guess I expect more from him. That's all.
  12. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,356 Messages
    292 Likes Received
    He was on pace for nearly 1,200 yards.
  13. tantrix1969

tantrix1969 Well-Known Member

952 Messages
    426 Likes Received
    but wonder if that isnt just from being #2 on an offense where Tony throws it as much as he does, are you so sure Harris wouldn't put up the same numbers if he was in his position
  14. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,885 Messages
    1,202 Likes Received
    Excellent post. I like Miles and think he is a nice guy but we overpaid him too early. We have a history of doing that here.
  15. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    gosh lets get out the magic 8 ball
  16. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,934 Messages
    1,315 Likes Received
    Production-wise I don't think we did. For the most part he has always produced on the field (though he has a tendency, like a lot of these guys, to come up small in big moments). The problem is that he is always hurt. To me, that's being a sissy...though if not for forum rules I'd call him something a little bit harsher :laugh2:

Unless he has some serious muscle issues, strains and pulls are a matter of conditioning. He doesn't take care of himself, and has said as much.
  17. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,162 Messages
    674 Likes Received
    Miles has been a joke since we gave him his contract. From losing the ball in the lights last year and laughing about it, all his injuries and being invisible for most games. If this keeps up, get him out of here. He's just another player who is made of glass who we need to be able to count on to have success. The receivers we rolled out there Thursday were terrible. They are not ready to contribute at the NFL level right how, especially not in critical games. Seeing Miles on the sideline in street clothes irritates me. Sean Lee out for the year. Demarco might as well have been. Missed key games just like last year.

And to whom said Sean Lee isn't there yet, I say he is. He was injured at Penn St. Injured last year and now this year. Guaranteed him and demarco will be hurt for quite a few games next season, too.

Kind of makes it hard when our key players never seem to be there when we need them. But thats what happens when you take a chance of players with injury problems in the draft and you think you are getting a steal for where you are drafting them in relation to their skills.
  18. BoyzfanfromPGH

BoyzfanfromPGH New Member

3 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    SOME of you guys are too opinionated , injuries happen so face it. Miles and DeMarco are both out there enduring bone breaking hits.
  19. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,671 Messages
    1,573 Likes Received
    On pace. You guys like to throw that around a lot, especially when it comes to guys who ride the pine as much as Austin. Yeah, he shows some flashes of a good WR, but he has been wildly inconsistent this year, to say the least.
  20. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,173 Messages
    661 Likes Received
    Not on Cowboyszone.com lol.