1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Update: Texas Dad Beats His Daughter’s Molester to Death *Post 286*

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by JBond, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Who said they "wanted" to take a life? It's just some of us understands that some people need to be held accountable. And so if someone does something like what this guy did and he got the justice he deserved why would the person dealing the justice be concerned about it?

Again, I wouldn't worry for a second if I were in that position.
  2. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I'd have to agree with you here. If we're going to take strong measure, it'd be better to execute than frigging maiming for life and have someone walking around with resentment.

I have no interest in this country engaging in draconian measures of torture like SA or any other nut-job nation.
  3. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,141 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    you haven't killed anyone or been the cause of anyone's death so how can you really say what your response would be?
  4. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You know that, how?
  5. CanadianCowboysFan

15,141 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    because I am sure you would have told us
  6. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,235 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    I bet a lot of thought goes into it before they steal anything over there:D
  7. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why would anyone brag about something like that?
  8. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    I bet Saudi Arabia has a low crime rate. We could take a few tips from them. If you want your hands, don't steal. It's as simple as that. The Western society has become more concerned about criminal rights rather than victim rights.
  9. CanadianCowboysFan

15,141 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    they also don't let women go to the store alone, stone adulterers and flog people, do you want to live in a barbaric state like that?
  10. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Another thing to consider, as to why the grand jury didn't indict him, is that if they do indict him and, even if he is punished or not, it sends a message to molesters everywhere that this is ok... that you can do this, even in front of the parents and have protection of "vigilante justice" and they can rape your child right in front of you. And if you do anything, you'll be punished. I'm so glad the system worked this time....
  11. CanadianCowboysFan

15,141 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    How would an indictment have meant you could rape a child in front of the parents? That is ********.
  12. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Again, it shows you don't know what you're talking about. It would have set a precedent for other grand juries to base their decisions in a similar way for similar cases with similar sets of circumstances. You, of all people, should know that.
  13. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    I tend to agree with many forms of punishment that they use. They actually make people sorry that broke the law. Living in a place with such punishment would not be a problem for me.
  14. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Some people need a good flogging. ;)
  15. CanadianCowboysFan

15,141 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    Yeah, let's see, we indict someone because they might have broken a law and gone too far in preventing sexual assaul and we want a jury to decide if he or she did go far, equals,you can rape a child in front of his/her parents?

I reiterate, that is ******** logic.
  16. CanadianCowboysFan

15,141 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    would you like to be stoned to death for getting some on the side? isn't that barbaric?
  17. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Me. No, I wouldn't like it. But how is that the point?

IF I knowingly broke the law and mores of the land I live in, knowing that if caught by those who would take GREAT offense at my actions ... in this case, ESPECIALLY if caught by the father of the 5-year old girl I/ HE was raping ... I would most certainly expect to have my life attacked and very possibly snuffed out, sooner rather than later!

Stoning is just one form of punishment and death isn't always the worst fate, but it is very often a fate both deserved and meted out, in the heat of the moment or otherwise.

And "getting some on the side?" Poor example. Incredibly insensitive reference to try to use to make a point, especially in light of what actually happened to an innocent child. Poor stance to take on this subject, IMO. Can't you see you're fighting a losing battle?

Give it up, already.
  18. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Ironic. I seriously think you just talk a lot of trash. Based on this view, I'm guessing you missed most of you law classes. If the guy is tried, it does set a precedent. Why this is lost on you is baffling. Unless........

Back on topic.If another dad kills a molester they could look back at this indictment. And some county with less sense may actually indict some pervert in the future. The fact they didn't indict him informs us of how a grand jury may interpret the deadly force laws.
  19. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,827 Messages
    2,187 Likes Received
    You had it somewhat correct -- it's defense of others.
  20. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,827 Messages
    2,187 Likes Received
    The burden of proof rests with the government. If the government was not able to show probable cause, then the jury has a duty to return with no indictment.

Thems be the breaks in the USA.