1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Update: Wes Phillips leaves Cowboys to join Redskins staff

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,166 Messages
    351 Likes Received
    He sees the house cleaning coming.

Can't blame him for leaving.

Let Callahan take over his job.

He's not doing much these days.
    Boys122 and stasheroo like this.
  2. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,139 Messages
    1,847 Likes Received
    "Getcha money for nothin' and your chicks for free!"
  3. foofighters

foofighters Active Member

275 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    Goodness...touchy aren't we? I am merely giving my opinion that it's really not a big deal. considering nothing is going to change this organization except for a new GM, he staying or going doesn't make all that big of a dent.
  4. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    Good luck with that.

Hope he moves on. No more nepotism.
  5. basstapp

basstapp Well-Known Member

1,144 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    your original post says "im really okay with this" which implies that a) he isn't doing a good job. b) You just don't like him.

My post was implying people tend to dislike assistants for no apparent reason. For all we know he could be one of the best assistant coaches in the business and we wouldn't know any different.
    jobberone and CowboyMike like this.
  6. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

4,119 Messages
    1,625 Likes Received
    Escobar didn't develop all season and line play was terrible when he was involved with that?
  7. foofighters

foofighters Active Member

275 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    This is full of assumptions and we all know what happens when people assume things...
    Jerry is the King of Hype and he would already be declaring him the next best thing. I stand by what I say. It's not a big deal either way. It doesn't hurt my feelings to see him go.
  8. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,166 Messages
    351 Likes Received
    Hahahahaaa..

you bet.

The Jones are laughing all the way to the bank in the limo.
  9. Doc50

Doc50 Original Fan Zone Supporter

856 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    So, who are the other Cowboy coaches with expiring contracts or looking elsewhere?
  10. basstapp

basstapp Well-Known Member

1,144 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    Or did he just not have an opportunity. We all knew the guy couldn't block. We drafted him to catch footballs. He caught 9 balls for 134 yards and 2 touchdowns. Not to mention 7 catches were for first downs. So you take his 2 td + is 7 first downs and every time he touched the ball something good happened.
  11. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

4,119 Messages
    1,625 Likes Received
    That is the same excuse used for Fasano/Bennet having little to no production. You can't justify picking a 2nd round TE to not make it a point of emphasis to integrate them into the gameplan. Round 3 I guess?
  12. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,707 Messages
    5,865 Likes Received
    Bennett got plenty of chances. He couldn't remember where to line up or how to run routes. For some reason he couldn't catch in a game despite putting on a show catching balls in training camp. He was an excellent on the line blocker but couldn't be used as a move TE/h-back because it was too complicated. He was not dumb but just did put in the effort to learn.
    Corso likes this.
  13. theSHOW

theSHOW Benched

3,490 Messages
    1,146 Likes Received

I got my ten gallon hat on today.
  14. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

13,379 Messages
    848 Likes Received
    10 gals are cool. It's that faux drugstore cowboy look that . . . doesn't look so good.
    Corso likes this.
  15. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,245 Messages
    5,489 Likes Received
    This--this is just terrible.
    Chris in Arizona likes this.
  16. theSHOW

theSHOW Benched

3,490 Messages
    1,146 Likes Received
    Oh, I love that! [IMG]
  17. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

1,614 Messages
    740 Likes Received
    Lol.

What universe are you living in that the NFC franchise from Maryland is a step up from Dallas?
    khiladi likes this.
  18. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    Their best receiver was an all-Pro in Vincent Jackson, who played a full 16 game season and caught 78 receptions. The next best receiver was at 54 receptions and didn't break 66 yards. John Garrett's special project, Kevein Ogletree had 8 receptions here.

John Garrett had Witten, an already established HoF TE. Outside of that, during his tenure, we drafted Hanna and also had Bennett, whom apparently wasn't used at all outside of blocking. While your right, TE may not have been a problem with Witten here, John Garrett surely wasn't bringing anything to the table, especially to be promoted to 'passing game coordinator'.
    Corso likes this.
  19. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    At least we have hope in Escobar to a degree, while John has Hanna to claim credit for. What exactly did John Garrett accomplish here other than coach and already established HoF TE? Thank John Garrett for our incessant need to try and establish Kevin Ogletree as our number 2 WR last year as well, considering he was the passing game coordinator.
  20. AmishCowboy

AmishCowboy if you ain't first, you're last

4,384 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    How about the TE coach that just left the Giants, Pope, I think his name is, he's suppose to be real good