1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Update: Wes Phillips leaves Cowboys to join Redskins staff

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 16, 2014.

1. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

3,254 Messages
    692 Likes Received
    Tell you what, that kid they have playing TE in Washington, the young in' that got hurt, is something special. It's a good time to move on. Sell high, but buy low. He can get into that organization while they are on their way up and make a name for himself.
    jobberone likes this.
  2. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    He was a nice fantasy find for me.
  3. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,568 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    Not saying he was good, but holding Olgletree up as some sort of shining example of Garrett's coaching ability?

Someone needs to have their head examined.

As far as the rest of your post, I don't understand jibberish.
  4. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,696 Messages
    1,387 Likes Received
    Word from Valley Ranch is that Charlotte is going to replace Phillips as TE coach....she has been successful in improving the brand, so how else to improve the team by getting another Jones in there????

this organization is a mess, I understand why the rats are jumping ship...................I digress....
    Common Sense likes this.
  5. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

2,364 Messages
    1,521 Likes Received
    I think you need to read those posts we are referring to again.
    Khiladi said that, besides all the coaching stuff and how a child could do as well as Garrett, that Ogletree wouldn't last anywhere in the NFL outside this team if it wasn't for John's weird obsession with him.

The other guy said Ogletree is still in the NFL outside this team- in so many words...
    Neither of them intimated that he was any good, or that Ogletree was a shining example of good coaching. As a matter of fact it was more insinuated that Ogles is hot garbage and John was a crappy coach to not recognize that and force him onto the field to the team's detriment over other players that could have performed the task at a more admirable level. Khiladi was simply engaging in hyperbole and the other guy (sorry, I can't remember the specific poster's name) called him on it as if he was being literal.

As for the latter part of my post- I'll refrain from speaking in Jamaican from here on for you. I should have known better.
    I hope you have a great weekend! It's beautiful out here in sunny El Paso where most of the shade comes from the whizzing bullets from Juarez!

Keeps the instincts sharp... You have to look on the bright side of things sometimes.
  6. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,069 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    Bad loss for the Cowboys... He knows this offense inside out and will undoubtedly give them great insight on how to stop it, SMH.
  7. NJ22

NJ22 Well-Known Member

1,121 Messages
    894 Likes Received
    I was hoping they would grab Pope who the Giants just let go. Would be major upgrade. I believe Pope's coaching skills did not fit into the scheme the Giants will be using as the guy is a disciple of McCarthy which does not use the TE a lot.
    Common Sense likes this.
  8. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Okay thanks for the laugh.

The shade from the whizzing bullets from Juarez cracked me up.

Ha ha. Well done.
  9. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    I didn't see this. Mike pope was fired?
  10. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,028 Messages
    5,508 Likes Received
  11. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,722 Messages
    2,394 Likes Received
    Yep, and Garrett played there while he was there. 2 + 2 = 77.
    Common Sense and theebs like this.
  12. DWhite Fan

DWhite Fan It ain't over 'til it's over

5,318 Messages
    342 Likes Received
    Any Cowboys player or coach that leaves Dallas to go to Washington is a bloody traitor...
  13. HanD

HanD Member

857 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    really? The skins should have more optimism than Dallas? Please explain
  14. NJ22

NJ22 Well-Known Member

1,121 Messages
    894 Likes Received
    I was surprised too. He's made a lot of average guys look like good players including Marty B.
    jobberone likes this.
  15. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

37,490 Messages
    3,800 Likes Received
    He's too old....that's the rumor anyway around here.
  16. NJ22

NJ22 Well-Known Member

1,121 Messages
    894 Likes Received
    Maybe but have you seen our defensive coordinater? I think the Giants just want the new OC to bring in his own guys. Something jerry should pay attention to.
    jobberone likes this.
  17. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

37,490 Messages
    3,800 Likes Received
    I was being sarcastic because some here think 71 is senility run amuck. And yes, I agree, Jerry the GM should hire a HC and let him hire and fire whom they wish. I do think it's fine for Jerry to tell him who he would like to keep and let go but the final decision should be the HC.
    NJ22 likes this.
  18. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,687 Messages
    1,496 Likes Received
    Their head coach hasn't yet proven to be lousy. They have at least some reason for optimism while we do not.
    NJ22 likes this.
  19. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

12,964 Messages
    718 Likes Received

Duh! Who wouldn't love that?