1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Updated Mock.

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by stokee, Jan 29, 2011.

1. stokee

stokee New Member

177 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I have been doing a mock draft with a family member for 15 years and I have been 90% correct with the first 10 picks since the last 5 years...Please let me know what you think.

Carolina Panthers: Nick Fairley – DT Auburn
    2. Denver Broncos: Da’Quan Bowers – DE Clemson
    3. Buffalo Bills: Blaine Gabbert – QB Missouri
    4. Cincinnati Bengals: AJ Green – WR Georgia
    5. Arizona Cardinals: Von Miller- OLB Texas AM
    6. Dallas Cowboys: Patrick Peterson – CB LSU
    Cleveland trades their 6 pick to Dallas and in return the Cleveland receives Dallas 9th pick, Dallas third round 2011 and 4th 2012.
    7. 49er’s: 9er’s were eyeballing Peterson, so Dallas moves up 3 slots and snagged 4’9ers pick. The 4’9ers selects Marcel Daruis – DT Alabama
    8. Titans: Cam Newton – QB Auburn
    9. Browns: Julio Jones – WR Alabama..After making trade with Dallas, Browns still gets their man.
    10. Redskins: Robert Quinn – OLB/DE..This is too high to draft Mallett so Redskins improves their 3-4 defense by selecting Quinn.
  2. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,888 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    is this a good trade just to move up 3 spots:confused:
    a third and a next year 4th...I rather give them roy and newman (after contract renegotiations of course) and our 9th pick.
  3. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,270 Messages
    1,217 Likes Received
    The trade seems reasonable but really a 1st and 3rd should do it.
  4. Tobal

Tobal Well-Known Member

2,010 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    I'd love to give them Roy and barber, unfortunately you have to give value to get value most of the time. On draft day picks are worth more than players.

Newman could bring a third, but the team would have to be wanting an experienced CB, it would be a team wanting that final piece, or trying desperately to bail out of the top 5
  5. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,999 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    if we do that it'd be right up tnhere with the RW trade. Peterson is NOT going to be a pro bowl calibre player, be it cb or FS. JMO

Stay put at 9
  6. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

8,077 Messages
    542 Likes Received
    Another reminder that winning the JV game against the Eagles wasn't exactly a blessing in disguise.
  7. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You're on a roll... so true.

I'll never be upset about winning, but some folks like to make it seem as if beating the Eagles second and third-teamers was a franchise changing moment for us.
  8. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,590 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    I will probably get kill for saying this, but I would not trade up for Peterson. Although, I think he is good but I do not think he is Revis-like good. If he falls to us than I would take him. I think that he won't and we can use other players. I am all for a trade down if we can find a trade partner and the price is right. If also depends on what we do in FA. Just my opinion.
  9. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    With the need for an influx of talent, I don't think I would up for Peterson either.

Also, you should know that when Revis came out he wasnt thought of as the next "once in a decade...shutdown" corner either. In fact, I believe he was drafted #19 or 20.
  10. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,915 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Anything that lands Peterson on our roster, I like. But Gabbert won't go #3, Buffalo doesn't need a QB, and i'd personally take Fitzpatrick over Gabbert if I was building a franchise.
  11. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,915 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    I was upset with that win, I want Peterson so bad.
  12. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    So, in 5 years, you've only been wrong on 5 out of 50 picks?
  13. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,512 Messages
    798 Likes Received
    Any trade up depends on the CBA getting done before the draft.

With no CBA there is no FA before the draft so picks become a premium and I believe you can't trade a player for a pick.

I'd move up for Peterson but I'd do it with next years 2nd round pick.
  14. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Why would Tennessee draft Newton???
    With Fisher out,means Young is staying.
  15. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,590 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    I understand taht Revis was not consider a shutdown corner when he came out. I was hoping the Cowboyscould get him but there was no way he drop that far. I think he was picked 13th that year. We picked Barbie Carpenter with the 18th pick I believe. I was happy with that pick and thought it was a good one at the time. We all know how that turned out.
  16. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just checked it, Revis was taken 14th pick in the '07 Draft. We took Anthony Spencer with the 26th pick that year. Bob Carpenter was taken #18 in the '06 Draft.
  17. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,607 Messages
    3,138 Likes Received
    Many in Buffalo would disagree.
  18. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,022 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received
    If I were Buffalo I would take Newton or Mallett because they both have physical traits that can combat bad weather.
  19. CanuckCowboysFan

CanuckCowboysFan Benched

2,023 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    SAY NO TO PETERSON.

Also, if the fagskins land Quinn they would have the best 34 OLBs in the NFL. No thanks. We better pick Quinn just so Washington don't get him, plus he somewhat fills a need.
  20. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,727 Messages
    688 Likes Received
    So you think they'll be a winning team with Ryan Fitzpatrick? You're in rare company if you do. Chan Gailey said earlier this week, that even though they like Ryan, if there's a chance to get a franchise QB, they have to strongly consider that. And it doesn't matter what any of us think about Gabbert. If they feel he's a future franchise QB, then they'll take him.